Sign in to follow this  
jmdriskell

New ASUS EX-GTX 1060 6OC Video Card

I recently installed a ASUS EX-GTX 1060 6OC card in my old Dell XPS 8500 running Win 10 64b Home in order to try to get a couple of years more use out of the box.  So far, I'm quite pleased with the card.  I'm running FSX-SE and often fly the PDMG products, especially the DC-6.  I've noticed a significant improvement in smoothness so I think I'm OK for a while.  However, I have noticed a couple of problems.

First (and most distressing),  when using Firefox, my browser of choice, Many of the click or action spots on some pages are invisible even though they exist and function properly if I can find them.  Edge seems to work better but I want to stick with Firefox, if possible.  I have a fairly new ASUS monitor which has both a DVI and HDMI input.  I'm using a DVI cable to connect the monitor to the card.  I'm thinking about trying a HDMI connection but I thought I'd ask the resident experts for ideas about how to resolve this problem.  My initial observation is that monitor isn't rendering the card's input properly but I don't know what to do about it.

My second point is the following question:  Should I update my drivers directly from Nividia or should I stick with the latest drivers offered by ASUS?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

I wondering if anyone might have some comments on my questions.

Thanks,

Jim Driskell

Jim, the persons to answer your Qs far better than I are either Ray or Martin.

There was a recent thread, here, IIRC, re:the latest Nvidia drivers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.  Read the info on latest drivers.  Seems to be a mixed bag, so I'll stick with what I have.

Jim Driskell