Bimmerpilot

Alabeo vs. Flight1 400-series Cessnas

Posted (edited)

Having owned Flight1's Cessna 421C Golden Eagle and their 441 Conquest II for at least 10-years; What's the deal on the Alabeo version of these planes?  

Aside from the great textures on the Alabeo's; Is there any compelling reason to purchase them to replace the Flight1 versions?  After watching a couple of YT videos I noticed that the Alabeo's seem to have the same inaccurate idiosyncrasies as the Flight1's. 

TIA

Edited by Bimmerpilot

I do not think you will get much discussion about this in the Hangar Chat.  It has all been discussed already in the Alabeo Forum here at AVSIM including some comparisons with the F1 models.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I do not think you will get much discussion about this in the Hangar Chat.  It has all been discussed already in the Alabeo Forum here at AVSIM including some comparisons with the F1 models.

I have the Alabeo Flight1 model, I formerly had the Flight1 model for the MSFS series way back, they both compare favorably, I like the Alabeo model alot, I often enjoy flying it from Bishop to Reno, one of my favorite photoscenery routes in either P3D4.x or Xplane11.x.  It certainly is a wonderful little personal airliner, although the RealAir Duke is equally fun, if you ever had it I believe it is still available for registered users in MSFS for P3D4.x, that is how I got it.  I did not review the Flight1 421 when considering my Alabeo purchase, I did get the excellent Mustang so the Flight1 421, if it is available for P3D, could be a great purchase too.  It comes down also to cost I feel, whichever is cheapest might be the best bet.  For me the better Carenado/Alabeo piston is the Piper Mirage, and the best Carenado jet is the Citation 550 I feel, so there are three niches to consider.

Hope this helps.

I did take a look at the aircraft and it is possible the textures are not as updated as they would be in the Alabeo version, you know how attentive Carenado/Alabeo is as a company to textures.  The Alabeo model does cost more however, although I don't find many payware titles cost prohibitive given their modern entertainment value.

JC

Edited by John_Cillis

I wanted to add one last thing for your curiosity, some screen shots just made over some photoreal MSE scenery for P3D4.x, which looks better by the way when Jim came and told me to turn off Turboboost, my system may be a tad slower but it is much more fluid.  Hopefully these pics will give you an idea of the detailing of the aircraft, although I did have to change the aircraft.cfg because the aircraft would not respond to the autopilot's pitch slider, so I changed use_no_default_pitch from one to zero in the aircraft.cfg file, making my cruise climbs more manageable.

John