I bought a EVGA GTX 1080 FTW from EVGA a few months ago for a build I intended to do.  Later decided to abandon the build and I'm trying to decide if it's worth installing the card or sell it.

My current system is a i5-3570K OC to 4.2Ghz with a EVGA GTX 760 with 2gb.  I fly FSX and occasionally putter with X-Plane 11 and have no complaints about performance.  I have reached the point where I no longer want to chase the hardware dragon.

Failing a hardware failure I will reluctantly upgrade to Windows 10 next year and drive this computer into the ground. 🙂

So, to paraphrase The Clash; Should it stay or should it go?

Thanks,
Ernie

19 hours ago, airernie said:

So, to paraphrase The Clash; Should it stay or should it go?

You should notice a significant improvement with the 1080 and be pleased with it. I have a 3770k overclocked to 4.5 with a 1080ti. The 1080ti replaced a 780gtx which was no slouch in its day. The 1080ti did not increase my base FPS. What it did do over the 780gtx was allow me to fly in heavy and overcast weather without losing FPS. It also allowed me to increase my AA settings significantly without losing FPS. As long as you have the 1080ti you might as well install it and give it a try. If you don't like it you can always switch back to the 760 and sell the 1080, although I doubt you will.

I recommend downloading and installing EVGA's precision x software so you can monitor your GPU and CPU load while in the sim. This allows you to see the effect of the changes to the various sim settings and also will allow you to compare the performance of the two video cards. If you do this before you uninstall the 760 you should see a much reduced load on the 1080 with the same scenario and settings.

Ted