Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Using X-Enviro 1.10 with X-Vision...

I think for many of us X-Vision users, we want to keep the advantages of X-Vision and still use X-Enviro (or at least give it a good test run).

So, that ain't too straight forward. What happens when you just install X-Enviro over your X-Vision equipped setup? In theory this should work, but what about the X-Vision altered shaders for scattering ect.? Or do we have to create a specific X-Vision setup that plays nice with X-Enviro? Best would be to restore to vanilla X-Plane probably and go from there.

Anyways I will give it a shot today, and this topic should serve any likeminded users to discuss results.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Looking forward to your findings. Thanks for initiating this discussion. JJ 

xEnviro takes control over atmosphere parameters, sky colors, scattering, lights and light parameters. All tweaks from xVision that manage those parameters are not applicable (just overrided by xEnviro).
Postprocessing, water, terrain and miscellaneus tweaks can be used together.

thats from the official x-vision website.

Edited by Deevilius85

Cheers,

Martin Hübner

I restored in X-Vision to test X-Enviro. See the other X-Enviro post for my results.

I'd suggest you sit this out, it can't hold a candle to X-Plane with X-Vision in it's current state, which is a test version at best.

Edited by Colonel X

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB