Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Bell JetRanger issue in FSX

Guest Bell206freak

I know that my previous Bell JetRanger thread got overlooked by the FS team (and now it seems that the images I had attached to it have been deleted by AVSIM for some odd reason), for whatever reason I dunno, but here goes at another one...When making an ATC call in Flight Simulator, is it going to be more realistic for ATC to issue the callsign "Bravo-Zero-Six" (B06) to the JetRanger in Flight Simulator X? I overheard ATC commands at Olympia Airport on a police scanner I have in my car the other day (it was programmed to pick up ATC and tower communications at KOLM), and I overheard communication between the tower and a helicopter inbound to land. Somewhere along the line, I heard "Aircraft type "Bravo-Zero-Six JetRanger" on approach", and this got me thinking about that in FSX and if it'll be changed.-Steve

The aircraft should be called whatever ICAO standards pescribe it as. Just because you heard it on a scanner, doesn't mean it's right.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Sounds like an awfully stuffy answer to me. Let me know if somebody ever gets an FAA ticket written up for changing his call sign "illegally" in FS. :)Here in the states, my aircraft is called by me and every atc I have ever spoken to as Cherokee 15802 or Cherokee 802 depending on whether it's first contact or subsequent contact with the controller. I think that might be hard to program the dual mode into ATC, but it's possible they might do it someday. But you should be able to have FS ATC call you by whatever you want to be called if you choose one of them. Bravo-zero-six Jetranger sounds like a reasonable call sign to me.I believe you can control what your aircraft is called by ATC by combinations of the various atc commands in the aircraft.cfg file. Sorry I don't know more about it.What is your aircraft called today by ATC and what would you prefer it be called?Oh, btw, I'm assuming that B06 is related to the N-number of the helicopter.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Bell206freak

I doublechecked the ICAO designator for it and the communication I heard matched what ICAO's designator for the JetRanger is. I wouldn't have posted this thread without cross referencing first ;)B06 refers to Bell 206, just without the "2". The N-Number is totally different.

>I know that my previous Bell JetRanger thread got overlooked>by the FS team (and now it seems that the images I had>attached to it have been deleted by AVSIM for some odd>reason), for whatever reason I dunno, but here goes at another>one...There's no "odd reason" for pictures being deleted. The retention of embedded images is one week, IIRC.If you want your images to persist, you'll have to store them elsewhere (such as http://imageshack.com) and then link them within your message.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator