Noel

Possible to reduce volume of elevation callouts?

It's either the Phenom 300 itself, or the GTN750 in it, but I think its the Phenom itself.  I find the heinously loud "500 Ft!", "400 Ft!" not only is s horrid distraction on approach (I know, warnings/alerts should get one's attention) but I really do not like the particular person's voice and as I sa te volume is too loud.  Where can I get rid of it or at least reduce its volume?  Thanks in advance

Noel

6 hours ago, Noel said:

It's either the Phenom 300 itself, or the GTN750 in it, but I think its the Phenom itself.  I find the heinously loud "500 Ft!", "400 Ft!" not only is s horrid distraction on approach (I know, warnings/alerts should get one's attention) but I really do not like the particular person's voice and as I sa te volume is too loud.  Where can I get rid of it or at least reduce its volume?  Thanks in advance

The sound files for the callouts are held in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Sound/Carenado directory. The names of the files are P300FiveHundred.wav, P300FourHundred.wav etc. I am not sure

if it messes things up if you delete them altogether but it should be possible to edit the volume in your favourite sound editor.

cheers

Stinger

Another way is to make your own .wav files recording silence, and rename them to the current sound files.

Deleting them may cause CTD as the sim will call for missing files...but may not as it’s just sound files. Trial and error.

or again, use an editor to adjust volume.

Luke Pype

Thanks guys!

Noel