I am unable to get the PTT mute when talking on vatsim to work. I think I had it working a long long time ago but I'm in a new setup now. The current workaround is to just numlock mute mce but I'd prefer to use my trigger on my joystick as vatsim PTT that mce recognizes so it'll mute itself. I've gone into the mce.ini and tried filling in the vatsim part and also just for a wild chance tried changing the voxatc part.

Tyler Sexton

4 hours ago, tman41291 said:

I am unable to get the PTT mute when talking on vatsim to work. I think I had it working a long long time ago but I'm in a new setup now. The current workaround is to just numlock mute mce but I'd prefer to use my trigger on my joystick as vatsim PTT that mce recognizes so it'll mute itself. I've gone into the mce.ini and tried filling in the vatsim part and also just for a wild chance tried changing the voxatc part.

MCE loistens to <END> key.

When held down, MCE will suspend all speech reco, including ATC and will assume you're talking online.

When key is released, MCE resumes reco

If you can tie a joystick button to these 2 events <END> key down and <END> key up, should achieve desired result.

10 hours ago, FS++ said:

MCE loistens to <END> key.

When held down, MCE will suspend all speech reco, including ATC and will assume you're talking online.

When key is released, MCE resumes reco

If you can tie a joystick button to these 2 events <END> key down and <END> key up, should achieve desired result.

I will give that a shot! Thank you for the support! 

Best regards,

Tyler

Tyler Sexton

I tried using the END key just to see if it would work and I had no such luck. I tried assigning the END key to the joystick as well and as that was successful, the muting of MCE was not. I also tried playing around with the wizard assigning both the END key and the joystick key to see if it would trigger something but no such luck.

Tyler Sexton

On 6/14/2019 at 2:23 AM, FS++ said:

tie a joystick button to these 2 events <END> key down and <END> key up

i use <scrolllock> as above in lieu of either <end> or <numlock> successfully with voxatc for example (scrolllock is a recently added alternative to numlock, thanks to gerald)

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

i use <scrolllock> as above in lieu of either <end> or <numlock> successfully with voxatc for example (scrolllock is a recently added alternative to numlock, thanks to gerald)

Do I have to point MCE anywhere to recognize the scroll lock? Or can I just assign my joystick trigger to the scroll lock button and be fine?

Tyler Sexton

4 hours ago, tman41291 said:

Do I have to point MCE anywhere to recognize the scroll lock

nope ....... as long as you have numlock mute enabled, scrolllock can be used in lieu  (thus avoiding if you prefer interference with numpad available keys).

5 hours ago, tman41291 said:

Or can I just assign my joystick trigger to the scroll lock button and be fine?

certainly & preferably to the trigger (easier to hold down for the time needed).

i'm sure it will work for you .... for any combination of mce & other speech input apps such as vatsim / vox / p2a.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin