Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Mix, heavy iron, GA classic, and rotorcraft

4 minutes ago, John F said:

Location(s) on the last two pictures?

John

San Diego Harbor...

Always like seeing screenshots of my hometown, San Diego.  Nice shots.

• Like 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

17 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Always like seeing screenshots of my hometown, San Diego.  Nice shots.

San Diego is a second home for those of us in Phoenix, the closest beach city, a tad closer than LA, although Rocky Point in Mexico is closer, and the water in the summer time is much warmer there than the Pacific.  My clients in San Diego, I had two of them when I was a biz systems trainer for Holiday Inn and Best Western, were so kind to me.  My Holiday Inn client owned the amphitheater where Michael Macdonald was performing.  I had just flown in from a client in Italy the day before I was sent to San Diego, and my client, seeing my jet lag and seeing I had to unwind, gave me a free ticket to Michael's concert, and I saw him perform from the VIP section. 

It was so funny, I was going down into the amphitheater when security smiled and said "No, you are up there", pointing to the balcony where Michael's family and his bandmates families were.  There was even a free bar, but I could not drink while I was working, and I had to work for a couple of hours after the concert.  The next day my client suggested I fly my wife down, since she could not go to Europe with me. 

They said they would entertain her and entertain her they did, giving her a free tour of the city, free meals, and a free bay cruise.  Some years later my wife, daughter and I would stay often at the Doubletree Mission Valley, I used to work for Doubletree as their world wide WAN admin and software/PC purchasing agent.  Loved that hotel, its indoor pool was like bath water, and it had a great outdoor pool too, plus trolley access to downtown. 

My wife said the Holiday Inn gave her the best vacation she ever had to that point.  Some years later I did some accounting and marketing training for the Best Western downtown when a friend told them I was the person for the job.  They also showed me VIP treatment, giving me a great dinner in the Gaslamp district at an Italian restaurant there, limo service to and from the district there, and a great breakfast the next day before I flew home.  So San Diego--so special to me and my family, and I finally went on a Bay Cruise myself plus enjoyed the walk along the waterfront and the shops there.

Right now my ex wife and daughter are visiting my wonderful in-laws in Zacatecas MX.

John