Sign in to follow this  
Guest 2Bob

How many ofyou will get fsx??

Guest ssurjap

I'll be getting it. I'll also be getting a new computer also. I can't believe I'll be buying a new computer just to play games :).

>Naive or not, I still stand by my comment that everyone will>'eventually' get FSX. Esp when devs completely stop supporting>FS2002, which, incidentally, one would be naive to think>otherwise.Hi there,Then I suggest that you read my post once more, for you to understand what it is all about. ;-)It may come as a surprise to you,...but the fact of the matter is that we who participate in these forums, are a small fraction of all simmers around the world. And it sure would be naiv thinking that a lot off all the worlds simmers even knows about addons, or whatever addon is supported or not. :-hahhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gif"Real men fly with round gauges"[/color]

Staffan

I wont get it for awhile. I dont really like to fly the default Aircraft so until the Payware releases are available I have no use for it. Once things get updated I will be right there to get it on sale.

Guest Jeff Berman

Same as Boone, I've also started the "saving" for a new pc and will get FSX :)

I would even get it, if I had to stop eating a week to save enough for the buy! :-lolI have one little request though: I'd love to be able to walk around in the fs world!:-sun1kind regards,CG

Guest tdragger

Hey, you only have to set aside something like less than $10 a month between now and the end of the year. I spend more than that a week on coffee!

Guest fsxcess

Most of the time if you preorder you get it cheaper, plus you don't have to track if/who has it instock.

Guest rpjkw1155

My intention right now is to wait a month or two after release to read what others are saying, especially with regards to glitches and work-arounds.That being said, I'll most likely pre-order. Why let everyone else have all the "fun"?Bob

Guest dandan2005

I'll definately get it pretty soon after it comes out. The benefits of being in Europe is knowing that I'll hear the reports from America about potential glitches and errors so I can make a better decision about purchasing it. Already FS9 looks bland compared to FSX!

Guest Wichita

>Most of the time if you preorder you get it cheaper, plus you>don't have to track if/who has it instock.Ummm..cheaper on the FS series of software? Doubtfull,I don't remember any price break from MS for a pre-order,I've seen it from other software developers.Whatever,those who pre-order usually end up waiting several more days while USPS or UPS gets around to delivering.David

Guest PC509

>If I get it with autographs from the team I'll preorder. If>not, I'll have to reinstall Lemmings on my 40 gigs extra disc>space.:-jumpy>>-dasher7I'd love to get an autographed copy! :) How about it guys?! AVSIM special? Maybe a contest?

It isn't a matter of "if" but definitely "when" is the question for me. Now, a few screenshots are nowhere near enough info to make a decision yet. Nobody can really make a decision until we know:-hardware requirements-PC hardware costs at that time-addon compatibility-detailed features-etcBack in the day when I had fs98, I didn't upgrade to fs2000 right away. I waited almost a year until I had better hardware to run it. I bought fs2002 and 2004 on release day. I'm sure many others remember fs9 right after release. We only had a handful of addons that truly worked (the Dreamfleet 152 and 310 come to mind). Most other addons needed a patch, or never worked properly right away. Sure, patches and new addons came out eventually, but it took time. I remember getting bored with fs9 waiting for addons to come out. This time I may wait and stick with fs2004 for a little while. Of course, it is just a matter of time, but I may not buy FSX on release day. Depends on a lot of factors.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I will definately be getting it on release day. I may run both FS9 and FSX for a while till my favorite add-ons get updated, but I will most certainly have it as soon as it's released.

Guest Bell206freak

Quote:-----------------------------------------------------------Why I will not get it the release day?.....Well,..let me putit this way,..I am a true "level330" guy, and on the previewpictures MS released, nothing new has been reveled so far, other than stuff for "VFRguys". ;-)Ofcourse I only base my comments on the previewd stuff. Solets hope that I am wrong. :-hahTake care,-----------------------------------------------------------No offense, but why be a true "Level 330" guy when VFR is the best way to fly? IMHO, low and slow flying offers more of a chance to enjoy the scenery (and whatever new features the next release has to offer) and admire it rather than flying so high and fast you can't see the details.I'm glad FS is taking the VFR segment more seriously, and given the fact that they've been heavily promoting the new and improved default Bell JetRanger, I'm extremely pleased that they're now taking helicopter flight more seriously also. I plan on pre-ordering it when I get word of the ability and with my income tax return I plan on doing some extensive hardware upgrades to my machine to be able to run it.I have been waiting for this moment since the first time I got Flight Simulator 2004 (which was right at release time). I had upgraded straight from Flight Simulator 98 and it was at LEAST a month or two before I downloaded my first add-on. And about payware? What about excellent freeware? Payware isn't the only way to go. IMHO, most payware is overpriced - and should never exceed the price that the simulator sells for at retail.So.. To sum it all up.. Yep.. I'll be definitely getting the next release.