Sign in to follow this  
Guest 2Bob

How many ofyou will get fsx??

Guest ranco1

I was wondering, how many of you will get fsx???? I saw the screenshots and they were awsome! Alex

Guest Traffic

I think its a safe bet that everyone here will get it, if not on release date then shortly afterwards.

Guest DK8290

I'll be tenting out in front of the local Futureshop or whatever to get it first thing! (I'll upgrade to Vista months before or whenever that comes out too but not just for fs10)

>I think its a safe bet that everyone here will get it, if not>on release date then shortly afterwards.Remember that many still use FS2002. So I think far from everybody will get FSX. ;-)I think that FSX will be the first sim that I surely will not get the first day. I really would like to see that MS has taken care of more system parameters for us "Level 330" guys, not only adding packboxes in the harbors for micro light hobby planes to look at.:-hahhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gif"Real men fly with round gauges"[/color]

Guest Pardue802

I think I'll get it if they release it for the X-Box 360. I'd have to upgrade my computer to use it to its fullest extent, if not in hardware terms then in Vista terms. I could get away a lot cheaper with an X-Box 360 and have consistent frame rates.I use a Mac as my "real" computer. The only thing that keeps the PC occasionally turned on is Flight Sim.

Guest Calb

I think it's fair to say that getting between most hard-core simmers and a copy of FSX sitting on a store shelf would be like getting between a bear cub and its mother.Cal (CYXX)

Guest DreamFleet

"Remember that many still use FS2002. So I think far from everybody will get FSX."Hi Staffan, How many is that who stick with FS2002?20? 200? 2000? 20,000?I would really appreciate it if you would give me a number."Many" is a relative word.So is "far". ;-)However, I cannot, for the life of me, imagine why you would not get FSX upon release. Do you know something we do not?Care to enlighten us?All in good spirit, my good man, but, it was you who used the words "many" and "far", as such, I would like to see some verified numbers.Regards,Lou

Guest JoJoDawg

Bought already... Even if it turns out like crap (which I doubt) it will be worth the 60 or 70 bucks. Heck I've spent more on addons that were a total waste of money(mainly cause I ended up not using the addon that much or not at all).Now waiting on buying another system for it is going to be hard to do, since I want one now. Might have to just bump up to a mid system just to fs9 and other games and splurge when fsx comes out.

Guest tdragger

Dudes, if you're posting in this forum and you *don't* pre-order a copy I'll be really disappointed.

Make a FSX version for xbox360, career and mission based, then i will be the first to preorder, #### that would be nice :-jumpy .OHN

>"Remember that many still use FS2002. So I think far from>everybody will get FSX.">>Hi Staffan, >>How many is that who stick with FS2002?>>20? 200? 2000? 20,000?>>I would really appreciate it if you would give me a number.>>"Many" is a relative word.>>So is "far". ;-)>>However, I cannot, for the life of me, imagine why you would>not get FSX upon release. Do you know something we do not?>>Care to enlighten us?>>All in good spirit, my good man, but, it was you who used the>words "many" and "far", as such, I would like to see some>verified numbers.>>Regards,>>LouHi Lou,Ofcourse I can give you a number,...7.456 simmers still uses FS2002,...nah....or was it 7.455, i don

Only if it is not as expensive as some addons, and it runs on my system...oh, the LDS767 has to be compatible :-)

With the future release of probably the most exciting and ground breaking issue of Flight Simulator in its history how can anybody not pre-order it!:-eek OK, perhaps it may not be that good :-) but I'll still be setting up my order as soon as I can! :-) :-beerchug

1. Upgrade Computer hardware totally, and software (Vista) at least 1 month before FSX debuts.2. Put $5.00 down at Electronics Boutique or some such retail estab- lishment to ensure my copy will be among the first put aside for pickup the first day it is sold.3. Pick up my copy of FSX.4. Take the day off from work, and if close to the weekend, perhaps take off several; no problem, I own the company I work for.5. Enjoy the sim.....experiment with the sim....check AVSIM regularly for all the positives and negatives from fellow simmers. 6. Start TWEAKING the sim for more and more Frames per Second!7. #### about the lack of freeware and payware availability.I LIVE FOR THIS EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS......DON'T YOU?

Yeah, I will probably go for it soon after release, unless I have to heavily upgrade my PC and add-ons, which I probably cannot afford to do this year-but if I can, I undoubtedly will. I've started saving already...On the other hand, right now I do think I could live without it, at least for a while anyway. This definetely was not the case with FS2004, that was a must-have for me from the moment I saw the first screenshots. With BEV, ActiveSky and Ultimate Terrain added FS9 comes quite close to FSX I feel.From what I've seen so far (and I do like what I've seen), the new release will be evolutionary rather than revolutionary, and the differences with the previous version will probably not be as great as 2002/2004. As more details emerge over the next months, that view may change of course!BTW 'evolutionary rather than revolutionary' is not neccesarily bad, in terms of backwards compatibility it is a good thing!Best features I've seen up until now:well-defined, sharp-edged roadshigher resolution ground texturesnice reflections in watersurfacesflocks of birds and ground trafficwet surfaces in rainI'm less thrilled about mission oriented situations and such.Most wanted feature: improved ATC.Martijn

Guest davidvoogd

I'll be in line at 3am in a blizzard if necessary to get it on release day lol.

Guest fsxcess

It will be on pre-order long before it is released. I love FS and have no plans of not continuing to support it for many years to come.

Guest Traffic

Naive or not, I still stand by my comment that everyone will 'eventually' get FSX. Esp when devs completely stop supporting FS2002, which, incidentally, one would be naive to think otherwise.