Sign in to follow this  
Garry Scanlan

REX PRODUCTS - HOW DO I USE

Hello

I would like to run this by y'all to check I'm doing things correctly in P3D v4.5 where REX products are concerned:

I own REX Texture Direct, REX Sky Force, REX Environment Force and REX Worldwide Airports.

I use Texture Direct for ground textures only, so I do not check the following: Clouds/Effects; Skies; Sun/Effects; Sound Effects plus no link to REX Weather Architect. I believe Sky Force and Environment Force handle cloud and sky textures now.

I believe by not checking these boxes, these settings: Clouds, Skies, Sun Effects and sound effects will not load from Texture Direct.

I do check: Water & Wave Animation; Runway/Taxiway; Airports. I believe that by checking these, these textures are installed.

Is this correct?

As for Sky Force, I  believe if I sync Environment Force with Sky Force, it uses the cloud and sky textures from Sky Force and also overrides or deactivates [for want of better terminology] the Sky Force settings. And that is all Sky Force is good for now, a source of textures for Environment Force.

Is this correct?

Now, with World Wide Airports we have a duplication with Texture Direct in respect of the ground textures [runways, signage, markings etc.]. So I assume that whatever textures are loaded last will be the active textures in the sim, irrespective of source.

Is this correct?

In respect of ground textures, does this mean I need not use Texture Direct at all and instead I could use World Wide Airports for ground textures if I so wish [and vice versa]? Is it important to have the Water & Wave Animation working from Texture Direct, though, or does this happen by some other mechanism now???

Where Environment Force is concerned, if I use it, my water effects are 'frozen'. Planes and ships 'bob' and produce wakes but there is no water or wave animation. I guess this is not related to other REX product settings, or is it?

Thanks in advance.

Garry

Hello - point taken, 188AHC.

I mention P3D v4.5 in my first sentence.

Rig Spec:

P3D v4.5; Win10; 

ASUS Prime x370 mobo;

AMD R7 1700X o/c 4GHz;

AMD XFX o/c [clk 1430 / mem 2000] RX580 8Gb;

16Gb 2666Hz RAM;

Corsair 110 Cooling;

34" LG Freesync UW monitor;

120Gb SSD - Win 10 OS;

1Tb SSD - P3D + 3HDD [5Tb];

Thermaltake case;

Corsair K50 keyboard;

Cambridge 2.1 speakers;

ASUS XONAR DX soundcard;

CH Yoke;

TM pedals.

Regards

Garry

Garry -

Thank you for your questions.  I will try to best help you here.

In regards to REX 4 Texture Direct:

You have it set up correctly, but I would also disable any textures related to airports also.

In regards to REX Sky Force:

If you are using the weather engine then you will need to leave Sky Force running for real-time weather.  We recommend this, but it is not required as you can use any weather engine with Sky Force cloud models, textures, etc.

In regards to REX Environment Force:

If you are using the Sky Force weather engine: you can disable the in-sync model feature in Sky Force as Environment Force take care of this.

If you are not using the Sky Force weather engine: you can keep Sky Force closed as Environment Force will move cloud and sky textures automatically as well as models.

In regards to REX Worldwide Airports:

This is a texture package replacement for the majority of default airports.  Once the textures are loaded they are always loaded unless you change them out or restore the default.

General operations:

If using Sky Force with its weather engine:

Start Sky Force, then Start Environment Force and after it is fully loaded engage the Automation Mode, then start your simulator

If not using Sky Force with its weather engine or using another 3rd party weather engine:

Start the other 3rd party weather engine, then start Environment Force and after it is fully loaded and you have enabled the Automation Mode, start your simulator.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Oh and please ignore my comment re frozen water.

Just realised I needed to adjust the wave setting in Environment Force away from zero🙄. Silly  me!

Ho hum.

rstough

Thank you so much for the clarification.

BTW - I'm loving Environment Force.

And if I could just prevail on you one more time, could you just tell me why despite the relatively small size of the program, 10Gbs of disk space is required by EF?

Thanks again

Garry

1 hour ago, Garry Scanlan said:

Oh and please ignore my comment re frozen water.

Just realised I needed to adjust the wave setting in Environment Force away from zero🙄. Silly  me!

Ho hum.

I didn't even realize Environment Force displayed frozen rivers....ORBX told us it was limitation in P3D, which is why it was disabled in Vector.  That's pretty cool! 

Matt King

2 hours ago, rstough said:

Garry -

Thank you for your questions.  I will try to best help you here.

You have it set up correctly, but I would also disable any textures related to airports also.

In regards to REX Sky Force:

If you are using the weather engine then you will need to leave Sky Force running for real-time weather.  We recommend this, but it is not required as you can use any weather engine with Sky Force cloud models, textures, etc.

In regards to REX Environment Force:

If you are using the Sky Force weather engine: you can disable the in-sync model feature in Sky Force as Environment Force take care of this.

If you are not using the Sky Force weather engine: you can keep Sky Force closed as Environment Force will move cloud and sky textures automatically as well as models.

In regards to REX Worldwide Airports:

This is a texture package replacement for the majority of default airports.  Once the textures are loaded they are always loaded unless you change them out or restore the default.

General operations:

If using Sky Force with its weather engine:

Start Sky Force, then Start Environment Force and after it is fully loaded engage the Automation Mode, then start your simulator

If not using Sky Force with its weather engine or using another 3rd party weather engine:

Start the other 3rd party weather engine, then start Environment Force and after it is fully loaded and you have enabled the Automation Mode, start your simulator.

Could you explain disabling the in sync model option again?. I am using environment force and I would like to take full advantage of this program so I am curious about that setting in skyforce. Is it called in sync model or something else? thank you

2 hours ago, rstough said:

Why disable airport related textures?  I use TD and WW Airports. I installed WW Airports once but from time to time I load TD textures from a weather theme. Not using SF or EF at the moment. 

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

kingm56 - just so we're clear: when I say 'frozen' I'm referring to lack of animation not ice.😉

bbuckley - the impression I get from rstough's comments re WWA is that WWA handles ground textures for most default airports and will take priority over Texture Direct, so that is why airports can be disabled in Tex Dir. It also seems possible however, to overwrite WWA textures from Texture Direct if you want to.

bosflo - I think astough is referring to the page in SkyForce accessed by hitting the settings icon [cog wheel] and then the cloud sync cube icon at the bottom of the page. One can then disable the sync option if you're not using the built in weather engine or enable the sync option if you are.

• Like 1

astough - you said

"If you are not using the Sky Force weather engine: you can keep Sky Force closed as Environment Force will move cloud and sky textures automatically as well as models. "

Does this mean I do not have to make any selections on the 3D Model Structures page?

In fact, do I need to make any selections at all in SkyForce if using Env Force?

Thanks

Garry