Sign in to follow this  
Guest tdragger

***FSX Team - ? for you ***

Guest Fjorko

Obviously there are many posts with wishlists etc for things we would like to see in FSX..My Question :Is FSX "feature complete" or are you still able to implement new suggestions or wishlists as requested by us ( your customers )?Thanks

Guest tdragger

Let me put it this way, we're always interested in feedback, regardless of the phase of the project we're in. Plus, consider that we shipped FS2004 in July 2003 and we've annouced that FSX will be available this holiday season. Any intro book on software development will give you enough information for you to answer your own question. ;)

Guest DreamFleet

:-lolI have to admit, "tdragger", even "pixelpoke" can't match your comments. He uses too many words, like me! :-lolYou say SO much with so little.Oh, "pixelpoke", I WILL quit on April 15th.No, not because it is tax day. Google April 15th + New Jersey + smoking you will see why!I'll make it easier:http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../601100323/1005Does this mean I cannot expect my house to be modeled in FSX?Do you mean I cannot expect my Piper Dakota to appear on the ramp at KCDW, along with my car in the parking lot?What? You will not have all the versions of New York and New Jersey accents simulated in ATC voices?Okay, can I at least get the simulation of this "gremlin" that has been affecting the engine of our Piper Dakota in cold weather?You know, the one that causes a slight loss in RPM over a second or so. It comes and goes before we know it.The one that our mechanic, Piper and Lycoming cannot figure out.The one that we have already spent $5000 to try and solve.If you cannot simulate that, what good are ya'?;-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest SoarPics

April 15th + New Jersey + smoking you will see why!You ain't seen nothing yet, Lou. Wait till they heap on (your already high) cig tax. Didn't ya know... smokers are easy targets when it comes to additional taxes.Greg

Will just give you more time and money for new software and computers Lou ;)

I take it to mean that you have been working for 2 years 8 months to get where you are on FSX. So how can you do much in 6 months that is left! YUP!

Hey Lou,Tell them, 'you stop driving the car you drive and I'll stop smoking'...LOLI quite also, about 3 minutes ago until I lit the next one.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Fjorko

No Offense Mike, but I'm not going to buy a book to get a straight forward answer. I respect you as a valued contributer to this forum and part of the team that makes our hobby possible, but....I don't think my original question would cause you to break your NDA. All I wanted was:1. Yes we can still add features. or2. No, we cannot add any more features, but we will consider them for the next realease.I like straight answers - not beating around the bush....I won't expect you to disclose any TOP SECRET information about FSX.( BTW....I'm not in a bad mood :-) )

wow..good thing you are NOT in a bad mood. Hate to see how it would be when you are!

it is in violation of the NDA to even mention you're on the beta team (or so it used to be).It's certainly in violation of any NDA I've ever seen to say anything about the actual status of the project you're working on.

What Mike is telling you is that there won't be any added features beyond what's already there. My guess is that they will be deleting features/enhancements as testing progresses, not adding them.DougEdited because I can't spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Fjorko

> What Mike is telling you is that there won't be any added>features beyond what's already there. My guess is that they>will be deleting features/enhancements as testing progresses,>not adding them.>>Doug>>Edited because I can't spelWhy on earth would they remove stuff that is already part of FSX ???? That's like building a car, and just before it leaves the production line saying - Hey ! Lets get rid of the seats...or...take off the side mirrors - who needs them ?

Everyone's talking out of their 'you know whats' right now. Don't take anything to literally, folks.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

> What Mike is telling you is that there won't be any added features beyond what's already there. > My guess is that they will be deleting features/enhancements as testing progresses, not adding them.Obviously you don't work in IT :) There should be a lead time of about 3 months (max) where no new features can be developed, and its only bugfixing and testing. Until then there is plenty of time to add features, make enhancements, optimise code etc. As for this talk about 'removing features', take it with a pinch of salt ;)

Not only 'take that with a pinch of salt' but, IT IS NOT what the FS team has said.We have so far to go before we even get close to a release. If everyone's in this much of a frenzy, they surely won't be able to get out of the assylum in time to buy FSX when it does hit the shelves.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)