Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
kalizzi

Issue with default fuel load

Recommended Posts

I just bought this aircraft a couple of days back and I like it. The problem I have is that when I start rolling down the runway it veers to the right and when I am airborne the aircraft banks to the right. When I looked up the default fuel load it turns out the it has one external tank full and another external tank at zero. When I empty the full external tank the aircraft behaves normal.  I am trying to insert a screenshot but this forum wont let me for some reason? Maybe I finally succeeded. You see external 1 is empty while external 2 is at 100%. There is no way to get both externals filled. So I empty them both. with two tons of weight disparity out of the way the aircraft behaves normal once more. I am using FSX Gold (Boxed edition) Please help.


 

F50F.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kalizzi said:

I just bought this aircraft a couple of days back and I like it. The problem I have is that when I start rolling down the runway it veers to the right and when I am airborne the aircraft banks to the right. When I looked up the default fuel load it turns out the it has one external tank full and another external tank at zero. When I empty the full external tank the aircraft behave normal.  I am trying to insert a screenshot but this forum wont let me for some reason? Maybe I finally succeeded. You see external 1 is empty while external 2 is at 100%. There is no way to get both externals filled. So I empty them both. with two tons of weight disparity out of the way the aircraft behaves normal once more. I am using FSX Gold (Boxed edition) Please help.

 

I don't understand why you can't fill the empty external tank, but there are a few things we can try.

1. Perhaps you have a saved flight that is causing a problem, so try this. Before loading the Falcon, load the default C172, make sure it's fuel tanks are all full, and then switch to the Falcon and see what happens.

2. You should be able to adjust the Falcon's fuel using the PayLoad Manager (Shift+3) as shown below.

10b1f6c18c.JPG

To change the fuel in the tanks you can either select one of the three preset fuel loads (50%LO, LO LEVEL, or HI LEVEL) or adjust the fuel in each tank by clicking on the associated - and + signs. But please note that to do any of this, you must FIRST activate (load) the fuel truck as shown in the bottom right corner by clicking in the 'truck's rectangular area'. AND, in order to activate the fuel truck, the Falcon's engines must be OFF and the Parking Brake ON (not the emergency brake which is the 2nd position of the parking brake).

Once you get the fuel tanks loaded the way you want them, save the flight.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the quick reply. Okay I will try the solutions you proposed and report back. Thank you once again and best wishes.

Khalid

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

 

I did as per your instructions, changed into a C172 (stock FSX) and made sure the tanks were full, put her cold and dark, swapped into a Falcon 50 and I was getting a horn like an ambulance. No way to stop that horn. I saved the flight, but to no avail.

I tried the other approach, stopped the engines and parking brakes on, summoned the fuel truck and loaded her full, saved the flight, but again when I restart FSX it defaults to an empty, non-fillable left tank. The only workaround is to empty the opposite tank. I tried filling both to 50% capacity but again the left empties once you exit the panel. I tired 20% each tank, again the left defaults to empty.

I am sorry to trouble you with this but its nothing that one can tolerate. I am quite aware it could be something off in my sim, and I appreciate your helping me notwithstanding.

 

Best wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalizzi said:

Update:

 

I did as per your instructions, changed into a C172 (stock FSX) and made sure the tanks were full, put her cold and dark, swapped into a Falcon 50 and I was getting a horn like an ambulance. No way to stop that horn. I saved the flight, but to no avail.

I tried the other approach, stopped the engines and parking brakes on, summoned the fuel truck and loaded her full, saved the flight, but again when I restart FSX it defaults to an empty, non-fillable left tank. The only workaround is to empty the opposite tank. I tried filling both to 50% capacity but again the left empties once you exit the panel. I tired 20% each tank, again the left defaults to empty.

I am sorry to trouble you with this but its nothing that one can tolerate. I am quite aware it could be something off in my sim, and I appreciate your helping me notwithstanding.

 

Best wishes.

Hmm...very strange indeed.

After installing the Falcon50, on your desktop you should have a folder called FLYSIMWARE FALCON 50 INFO. Open that folder and inside you should find another folder called PAYLOAD MANAGER INSTALLATION. Open that and you will find another folder called FSX INSTALLER, and finally inside that you will find XMLTools_20 Installer.exe. Run that file as Administrator. Then restart FSX, load the Falcon and see what happens.

EDIT: I just tried loading the C172 and then switched to the Falcon, and I didn't get any horn or warning sound (I assume you had both planes on the ground). So I think if the above doesn't work, it may be time to try a reinstall of the Falcon. If it were me, I would uninstall the Falcon50 using the Win10 control panel Programs and Features. Then I would go to where the Falcon50 was installed in FSX (under ...\SimObjects\Airplanes\FLYSIM Falcon 50  and delete any files that survived the uninstall. At this point if may be worth re-downloading the Falcon 50 installer from where you bought the Falcon 50 in case the original download was corrupted -- your call on whether to do this now or later if necessary. Then I would reinstall the Falcon50 and see what happens.

 

Al

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi AI and thank you once again for your help. Will attempt your proposed solutions and report back.

QUOTE: I just tried loading the C172 and then switched to the Falcon, and I didn't get any horn or warning sound (I assume you had both planes on the ground). So I think if the above doesn't work, it may be time to try a reinstall of the Falcon. UNQUOTE

Yes both planes were on the ground. I shut down the 172 to a cold start situation just like you do in a real life 172  (i.e. power to idle, pull back the mixture to full lean, magnetos to off, and master switch to off.) I then changed the aircraft to Falcon 50 and this is when I got the horn sound, I tried the horn silence in the middle console but that doesn't seem to stop it. Its a two-tune horn like an ambulance or something. I never stalled her so I don't know if this is the stall warning.

Anyway I will do the steps you recommended and revert to you with the results.

Thank you once again and all the best.

 

Khalid

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Tried all the steps suggested by you. Sadly no change. For some reason the sim is adamant to empty "External 1" I remember this very same situation happened to me when JustFlight released a service pack to upgrade their C-46 which included a flight model tweak using FDE. I had to use the pre-service pack aircraft.cfg to get her to run properly. It seems that FDE altered the longitudinal, lateral and vertical values of the fuel tank array in the aircraft.cfg while all of these were assigned at the CG before (zero values). I could very well be wrong but that was the only difference I could see.

Thank you and best wishes.

Khalid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kalizzi said:

Hi,

Tried all the steps suggested by you. Sadly no change. For some reason the sim is adamant to empty "External 1" I remember this very same situation happened to me when JustFlight released a service pack to upgrade their C-46 which included a flight model tweak using FDE. I had to use the pre-service pack aircraft.cfg to get her to run properly. It seems that FDE altered the longitudinal, lateral and vertical values of the fuel tank array in the aircraft.cfg while all of these were assigned at the CG before (zero values). I could very well be wrong but that was the only difference I could see.

Thank you and best wishes.

Khalid

Open the Falcon aircraft.cfg file located at ......\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\FLYSIM Falcon 50 with a text editor like Notepad and check the entries under [fuel]. It should look something like this (make sure the gallons entry for external1 is 559):c215857bed.JPG

From your past issues it does sound like the problem is the sim itself. The next things I would try are:

1. Go to something like C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and find the fsx.cfg file. Comment out the default flight line by putting two // before situation = ..... as shown below, and then save the file. The next time you start FSX you will need to setup a new default flight (like with the C172).

[USERINTERFACE]
DisplayFuelAsWeight=1
Map_Orientation=1
OpenATCOnCreate=0
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
PageID=1
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
//SITUATION=c:\users\al\documents\flight simulator x files\Default Safe Flight C172 35L KCOS.FLT
SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
SelectAircraftPublisher=All
SelectAircraftType=All
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1

2. If the above doesn't solve the problem, next I would try letting FSX rebuild the complete fsx.cfg file. To do this, rename the fsx.cfg file to something like fsx_old.cfg to back it up. Now the next time you start FSX it will build a new fsx.cfg file.

3. You could also try deleting all save flights. Saved flights are usually at C:\Users\your name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files and look something like this:

 4486c6f456.JPG

4. Finally, since the problem seems to be with FSX itself, as a last resort you could use the FSX disks to try to repair FSX although be aware this is essentially a reinstall of FSX.  If it were me, however, I'd move on to FSX-Steam (or P3D if appropriate). The Steam version of FSX has improved code compared to the boxed FSX. Both versions of FSX can be installed at the same time and as far as I know, all add-ons are compatible. BTW, I see FSX-Steam is currently on sale for about US $16 until 9 July.

Al
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Again,

 

I have tried all of the suggestions you made but nothing seems to rectify the situation. I think it is in the .mdl file and that cannot be edited or modified. Re-installing my FSX from zero is out of the question, I cannot possibly go through the hundreds of hours I already spent on it.

 

One thing to remark though, regarding the saved flights. I do not have any flights as "default safe flight...blä bla" and the other thing, when I edited my FSX.cfg, the situation flight is as follows:

SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM 

I haven't the foggiest idea why is that path chosen (it is in c:\FSX) and what flight does it take me to, albeit my FSX still retains the default flight of the ultra-light over Friday Harbour. I'm totally lost here.

 

I already own a copy of FSX steam and have P3DV4 installed as well. Thank you once more for your attempt to help and your time.

 

Thank you and best wishes.

 

Khalid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kalizzi said:

One thing to remark though, regarding the saved flights. I do not have any flights as "default safe flight...blä bla" and the other thing, when I edited my FSX.cfg, the situation flight is as follows:

SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM 

I haven't the foggiest idea why is that path chosen (it is in c:\FSX) and what flight does it take me to, albeit my FSX still retains the default flight of the ultra-light over Friday Harbour. I'm totally lost here. 

 

I already own a copy of FSX steam and have P3DV4 installed as well. Thank you once more for your attempt to help and your time.

If you load the C172 and then save it as the DEFAULT flight, the SITUATION line in FSX.cfg should change to the C172.

Have you tried the Falcon in FSX-SE or P3D to see if you get the same fuel problem?

I don't know what you mean by ..." I think it is in the .mdl file ... " Others are using FSX with the Falcon successfully, so I doubt there is a problem (bug) with the mdl file that is causing your fuel problem unless the install is corrupted. The Falcon files for FSX and FSX-SE are the same, so if all works OK in FSX-SE, you could try replacing the FSX files with the FSX-SE files one-by-one to see if you can find the problem in FSX.

I'm sorry to say I'm out of ideas for now if you have tired everything above including re-downloading the installer and doing a reinstall of the Falcon.

Al

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Al I have always maintained that I think something is off with my sim, probably a bad add on or a leftover parameter from something? What I meant is whatever is triggering it lies in the .mdl file, for I have tried every possibility to change the fuel with the aircraft.cfg to no avail. Why is it being triggered with me only and not with others with FSX? surely something is anomalous with my sim,. Falcon 50 functions flawlessly with P3D V4 I haven't tried it with FSX SE, but I am sure it will function well.  Thank you for your patience and help. I really appreciate it.

Best wishes and best regards.

Khalid

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kalizzi said:

Hi Al I have always maintained that I think something is off with my sim, probably a bad add on or a leftover parameter from something? What I meant is whatever is triggering it lies in the .mdl file, for I have tried every possibility to change the fuel with the aircraft.cfg to no avail. Why is it being triggered with me only and not with others with FSX? surely something is anomalous with my sim,. Falcon 50 functions flawlessly with P3D V4 I haven't tried it with FSX SE, but I am sure it will function well.  Thank you for your patience and help. I really appreciate it.

Best wishes and best regards.

Khalid

 

 

 

OK Khalid, I understand now what you are saying. I think I would do as suggested above, install the Falcon into FSX-SE, and if works OK, copy the files from FSX-SE into FSX. It could be there is a conflict of some kind that happens during the Falcon install into FSX, and by copying the installed files from the FSX-SE you bypass that. If the problem persists, then you will know if is a strange FSX or FSX addon related bug/conflict of some kind.

If you ever figure out what the problem is, I 'd like to know what you found.

Good luck,

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will do just that. It makes perfect sense and may very well work. The problem is there are some 4,000 miles between both rigs, the one with the FSX Boxed and the FSX SE computer :biggrin:-but I'll use a pen drive.  If that fails still, I will make it a habit to empty "External 2" whenever I load the Falcon 50 on my "eccentric" FSX. I love that aircraft so much that I find this sufferable. I'll keep you posted on how that goes but that will be a few weeks from now.

Thank you once again for your help, time and support.

Best wishes.

Khalid

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...