Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
dylan33

Unable to install the right Garmin Trainer (resolved)

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

I tried to update my GTN 750 add-on, and unfortunately I also updated the trainer, which has broke my add-on.

So, I uninstalled the Garmin Trainer and I tried to install the 6.50.1 version as you said here :

but it doesn't works

I downloaded both files you provide with a link (GTN.Setup.msi and Launcher.Setup.msi) but the installation doesn't works. When I run the installers, I get this : 

1562695399-installation.png

And after 5 seconds, the installer disappears. I really don't understand why, I disabled my antivirus, my firewall but still unable to install the trainer. When I download the last version of the trainer from the garmin website, the installer works but it is useless because it is still not compatible with the  RXP GTN.

Any idea to solve this ? Thank you !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, i have the EXACTLY same problem, even downloading the provided installers on that topic as dylan33 said, please help us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zarapeiro said:

Oh yeah, i have the EXACTLY same problem, even downloading the provided installers on that topic as dylan33 said, please help us

Hi, I found the solution 30 minutes ago !!

- Install your RXP GTN
- Install the last trainer from the Garmin website 
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers
- Copy / paste the Databases folder to your desktop
- Uninstall the Garmin trainer 
- Download both files of the old trainer version (6.50.1) they provided here : https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/556498-gtn-trainer-6501-download-links-02jul19-update/
- Install both files (I realized that the installations are done in the background, but without the databases)...
- So now, move the databases folder you saved, to the same folder from which you removed it before : C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers
- Enjoy your flights with the GTN 😉
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dylan33 said:

I downloaded both files you provide with a link

 

1 hour ago, dylan33 said:

Install both files (I realized that the installations are done in the background, but without the databases)...
- So now, move the databases folder you saved, to the same folder from which you removed it before

 

Hi, 

have you noticed in the aforementioned discussion, in addition to the first two files you are referring to, there is a 3rd 'setup' file also referenced:

http://download.garmin.com/avtrainer/databases/2.4.0.0/Databases.Setup.msi

You need to download ALL the links provided in the discussion, then run all the files with a 'Setup' in their name (obviously). 


Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 2:11 PM, dylan33 said:

And after 5 seconds, the installer disappears. I really don't understand why,

then it is installed. These are 'silent' installers. You can cross check the trainer is actually installed in poking the list of installed programs with the Windows "add/remove software" (however they call it it between win7, win8, win10)


Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 2:23 PM, RXP said:

then it is installed. These are 'silent' installers. You can cross check the trainer is actually installed in poking the list of installed programs with the Windows "add/remove software" (however they call it it between win7, win8, win10)

Yes, it was hard to understand that it was installing in the background, thank you !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...