Sign in to follow this  
Rman

F-35A Equipped with the X-Plane G1000 (resolved)

I just purchased and installed the F-35A. It comes equipped with the X-Plane G1000. Unfortunately, while flying with the GTN 750 the LOC must be selected at every waypoint or it will not follow the flight plan.

Additionally, If I disable the GTN 750 and try using the X-Plane G1000 I cannot change the NAV SOURCE in order to capture the ILS. Normally, I would re-enable the GTN 750; touch the CDI key to toggle navigation source and disable the GTN 750 again. Unfortunately, this not only does not work, it deletes the X-Plane G1000 flight plan.

I have reviewed the RealityXP support forum and discovered similar issues regarding the X-Plane G1000, but no recommendations on how to remedy the problem.

Additionally, I have studied the RXP GTN 750/650 Touch User’s Manual For X-Plane and have concluded I am too simple minded to find a solution on my own.

If anyone has a better grasp of the configuration concepts or some insight, I could really use your help.

Regards,

Bob

I have discovered what my issues was with the F-35A. When loading the aircraft, the X-Plane G1000 is hidden. I must open the G1000 and delete the previous flight plan that was stored. After deleting the G1000 flight plan I must ensure that the Major device is selected on the GTN1.

Then I can build the flight plan in the Reality XP GTN and it works as expected.

Regards,

Bob

• Like 1

Hi,

In essence any G1000 alike is supposed to be not only an EFIS but also a GPS.

Any such conflict is therefore expected and can be solved in choosing one or the other.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html