Sign in to follow this  
codysheppard2

Multiple Issues

Initially I was able to get connected but after putting my departure and arrival airport in, I would go to press the SID button and the program would freeze up.  I closed it out and restarted it and it did the same thing, 3 times.  So I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, updated to the most recent AIRAC; after loading when I try to connect it freezes up and now crashes X-Plane.  I love this program, but it has become completely unusable to me recently.  Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.  

Sounds like you are low on memory or CPU.  When you press the SID, STAR or Approach button, all of the procedures for the current runway must be drawn at once which requires a lot of memory and CPU.  A minimum of 16GB is needed if you're running on the same PC as the SIM and 8GB if running on a networked PC.

Dave

2 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Sounds like you are low on memory or CPU.  When you press the SID, STAR or Approach button, all of the procedures for the current runway must be drawn at once which requires a lot of memory and CPU.  A minimum of 16GB is needed if you're running on the same PC as the SIM and 8GB if running on a networked PC.

Dave

I did some cleaning up and I am fixing to fire it back up and try again and we will see what happens, I will let you know

So did some tuning up on my PC.  I have an Alienware with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ 8G and a GeForce GTX1060 8G

I fired everything backup and things were running smoother until I hit the Auto Route function and then P2A was non responsive for about 8 minutes before Xplane crashed again.

I am fixing to try it again but this time I put in the route manually and I started P2A and got the route and everythiing loaded before starting Xplane so we will see what happens

I do appreciate the information about low memory, I found a process that was hogging A LOT of CPU power

I`ve got 32 gig in my X-plane PC and it uses 28Gig at times, I have to keep the settings down a bit to keep it that low, lol.

Cheers, Andy.

I understand the memory usage issue but I have had this program for 2 years now and only in the last 4 weeks has it become an issue.  I have been pleased with this product up to this point and have never had these issues.  But I appreciate everyone's assistance and will move to 124th ATC