Sign in to follow this  
AntonioK

A couple of questions

1. Sometimes I notice when I'm the PF, the PM will read the MCDU's cruise page information twice. What could possibly cause a double read-out?

2. I also notice the PM not triggering the "take off" light upon landing, so I'm wondering what I'm not doing to get him to trigger that. Or is that my responsibility as the PF?

3. Can I take control and land the aircraft if I've given control the the PM for the specific leg? Let's say I let him do take off, but I do landing, or vice versa? Is that just as simple as saying "you have control" or "I have control" during any phase of flight? Or it can only work if the PM has control throughout the entire duration?

1. Can you reproduce that?  I'm not sure how you're doing that.

It's like your triggering the 10,000 foot flow twice.

Is he also asking you about the seatbelts, or is it just "Confirm Clear Rad Nav", etc?

2. Take off light on landing?  You mean the nose wheel light?  Which light?

PM will set the Runway turn On and Nose light to taxi when the gear is put down on approach.  The nose light doesn't go to the TO position on landing.  Only Taxi.

At 10K (or if you've selected the US style option - 18,000 feet), the PM will set the landing light on then.

3. I've never tried that actually.  However, off hand I doubt it would work.  It's a good idea, though.  I'll add that for an update.

If you could hand control back and forth, that'd be incredible. Sometimes FO's don't perform the entire leg themselves.