Sign in to follow this  
srcooke

At cruise

Enroute third flight with the same issue.

Nearing cruise level the '1000 to go' is triggered and acknowledged 'checked', the PM sets TCAS to below.

At cruise however the 'Cruising Flight Level XXX' is not played and I suspect this leads to having no Descent Mode later in the flight.

45 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Enroute third flight with the same issue.

Nearing cruise level the '1000 to go' is triggered and acknowledged 'checked', the PM sets TCAS to below.

At cruise however the 'Cruising Flight Level XXX' is not played and I suspect this leads to having no Descent Mode later in the flight.

I'll check this out.  It may be a bug.

Best way to put FS2Crew into "Descent Mode" in cruise is to say "Are you ready for the Approach briefing"..... "any questions".

Mode must say <<cruise>>.

Calling for the "Approach Checklist"  and the "Landing Checklist" also puts FS2Crew into Descent mode.

That didn't appear to occur Bryan, at least with the descent briefing which was initiated just a few minutes before TOD.

DM was not displayed and 'CABIN CREW PREPARE FOR ARRIVAL' not played descending through 20000ft

I'm still using the Button version, however after calling Approach Checklist while in CRZ mode, the FS2Crew panel switches to ILS1 mode. 

7 hours ago, srcooke said:

That didn't appear to occur Bryan, at least with the descent briefing which was initiated just a few minutes before TOD.

DM was not displayed and 'CABIN CREW PREPARE FOR ARRIVAL' not played descending through 20000ft

If using Voice, say "Are you ready for the Approach briefing"...................... "any questions>".

That will put FS2Crew in Descent mode in Voice.  So you should say it.

Button control:  Just follow the linear path on the FS2Crew screen.  Passing control and re-taking it will put FS2Crew into descent mode, which is indicated by the flashing approach type.

Cheers,

15 minutes ago, byork said:

Button control:  Just follow the linear path on the FS2Crew screen.  Passing control and re-taking it will put FS2Crew into descent mode, which is indicated by the flashing approach type.

Cheers,

Bryan,

There is no DM in the BC - once I passed and re-took the controls, FS2Crew main panel start showing flashing "ILS1" sign in the right corner

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

Bryan,

There is no DM in the BC - once I passed and re-took the controls, FS2Crew main panel start showing flashing "ILS1" sign in the right corner

I changed it a bit in the Airbus.

I don't use the text "DM" in this version.

When Descent Mode (DM) is activated, I make the approach type Flash.

So if you see a flashing "ILS", etc., on the Main Panel, Descent Mode is activated.

Cheers

4 hours ago, byork said:

I changed it a bit in the Airbus.

I don't use the text "DM" in this version.

That explains the confusion as the manual still has (FLASHING DM ON MAIN PANEL)