Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Pushmepullyou (The 337) over Virginia

I love the Virginia scenery, I know why Virginia was so popular with early British settlers, it is due to similar greenery albeit a warmer and sunnier climate, it must have been heaven for the founding fathers of the US.  For some years I worked out of an office in nearby Maryland, where I spent eight-ten weeks a year, the rest on the road for that office, or visiting with my folks in Napa California, when I worked for them as a LAN Hospitality Business Systems trainer. 

The company was named Cyntergy, its owner, still a good acquaintance today was a Penn State grad and created Cyntergy, first named "Strategic Technology Solutions" as an international outsourcing resource (meaning us) delivery program for international projects, domestic projects, and domestic US government projects (I had to be given top secret clearance in case I participated in those projects, but I never did so sigh.....never saw any secrets but my colleagues whispered their personal secrets about colleagues they had crushes on, since we worked so closely together, especially when we were sent as male and female teams). 

I loved a couple of my colleagues, we were so close, I still love them today, but my mantra was do not marry a co-worker, so I married outside "The Firm" to their amusement.  As far as I know, none of our two person teams (occasionally we went as three or four person teams, I was always lead, when we went to bigger resorts), hooked up with each other.  But I was humorously chastised by our HR director for falling in love, and leaving the company because of it, though I traveled again once my wife and I's long honeymoon was over in the two years before my daughter was born.  Before that we could not be separated....

My Cyntergy days brought me so close to the core of my faith in my country, since I could go to DC every weekend.  I'd visit all the sites, including the National Zoo, the National Cathedral, and the Pentagon (at least its outside).  We would party in Georgetown, across from Georgetown I first stayed on my first visit to DC in Roslyn VA at a Best Western there, known for a gas station under a church and its long escalator down to the Metro.  When I took the Metro from Roslyn to the Smithsonian during my first visit to DC, in 87, I was amazed to go underground among tall buildings in Virginia and twenty minutes later come above ground looking at the national mall and all of our historic buildings.

I think our founding fathers did a beautiful job on designing a world city to rival any capitol in the world, using building codes to keep it quaint yet modern too.  For me it has been amazing, I have been allowed inside the White House (POTUS was not home), the Senate (where I did see Ted Kennedy speak on the Iran Contra Affair), the National Archives, the Supreme Court building, and the Senate Office building, from which I took an underground subway to the Capitol building after I got a pass from my California Senator in '87 to sit in on a Senate session.

Finally, going home from that first '87 trip, I was annoyed when some dude lit up a cigar which I normally like the smell of, but not after eating at Dulles airport.  So in anger, I whipped my head around and gaped--it was Danny Thomas, flying home to LA while I was flying home to SFO.  I bit my tongue, and listened to him talking to his agent, and I know his daughter Marlo from growing up in the 60's, from TV that is, such a beautiful woman that us young boys swooned over, and she looked very much like my closest high school friend as well, and was/is (since she is still alive) quite a beautiful spirit and rep of my "Baby Boom" generation...

And with that, my long intro ends....

John

Z64Zce1.jpg
lfMDL82.jpg
fsEmWvn.jpg
1SHO7ux.jpg
hTx30l5.jpg
HlYjg4p.jpg
35IzaZh.jpg
R86J1QA.jpg
WLYeC3m.jpg
RPfRCB1.jpg
Q7E1h4x.jpg

• Like 1

337 looking great and totally in it's element in those shots, John! :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

2 hours ago, HighBypass said:

337 looking great and totally in it's element in those shots, John! :cool:

Thanks, I must say the MSE scenery offers such realism although I wish it supported at least autogen overlays like Xplane 11, even trees.  The Simwest ABQ scenery does and now I have MSE photo scenery surrounding it which offers more realism and lends Simwest's project even more praise from me.  I am glad to see they are going commercial with their other projects too.

John

• Like 1