Sign in to follow this  
SteveBurney

Hyper gauge problem

I hate to be a pest, but I’ve done something and now the gns isn’t working.  I was fooling with the panel.cfg file, and now when I start fsx-se I get an error about a problem with Hypergauge and asking if I want to run it.  (Not the question about whether or not I trust the software, but ‘Flight simulator has detected an error...’.  If I click yes the program closes.  If I click no a message box pops up ‘Hypergauge interface- Failed to load Hypergauge.  Check dll.xml and Modules folder.’  I don’t see a dll.xml that’s newer than the gns program (and I don’t know what to check for), and the Hypergauge.dll is in the Modules folder.  If I click ‘ok’, the sim runs, but the gns just has a blank screen.

Any idea what I’ve done to break it and how to fix it?  I’m not even sure working on the panel.cfg is what did it, but that’s what I was working on this evening before it stopped working.

Thank you.

Is there a backup panel.cfg anywhere? I don’t use it. Nor do I know if you manually inserted it into the panel.

if it was installed into the panel by an installer, hopefully there’s a backup somewhere within its files.

Luke Pype

Thank you for the reply.  I think I've got it working now-it looks like the problem may have been that the gns didn't like the way the instances were set in the 5th parameter (done by default, not by design).  I changed them to more closely match the order given in the instructions and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Are you modifying panel.cfg files we have provided?  All of our setups have been thoroughly tested so I don't believe the default entries would cause any issues.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69