Sign in to follow this  
spil

P3D v4.5

Hello forum!

Recently I had a large Windows 10 update and when I started my full size flight simulator everything works fine until I load my default scenario or go to default airport with whatever aircraft, it crashes to desktop without saying anything.
This has not happened before.
Have P3d v4.5 with the hotfix installed as well.

Some of you say I should watch the event viewer, but I cannot find any useful information about P3D crash it that place.
Recently there was an update in the Active Sky as well, but it doesn't matter if I run AS or not, it crashes to desktop anyway. Read about a few users having the CTD caused by AS but if I do not start AS my P3D still CTD as soon as I load my default scenario or go to any airport.

I have been flying severeal hundred of hours with my simulator before this happened and I have not changed or added any scenery or similar. The only thing that has been done is the Win10 upgrade (that everyone is forced to do) and the AS update.

Anyone having any suggestion where to look for a log or similar?
Anyone having the same problem?

The computer has not been turned on for a while so my Win10 upgrade was a bit late I guess since I fly with my simulator mostly during winter.
Looking forward to any suggestions that will make me fly again.

Page 10, AVSIM CTD Guide, How to fix every crash or freeze in P3DV4.5, should help you investigate.  I would suspect it is one of your dll.xml's that loads modules is causing the issue. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you for the information. It talks alot about old simulators but okay will take a look in it if I can find anything that can be helpful if I find the guide....

I too had problems with Win10 updates. Had to back track to 2 previous ones to keep my saitek instruments working. When the update thingy pops up, a do not accept it.

I have the latest Windows 10 update and P3DV4.5 and have no issues running P3DV4.5.  Of course, it could have been Windows 10 update that caused YOUR issues but your report is the first I have seen this problem with Windows 10 update.  I also updated ASP4 to B7070.  Still no problems.

3 hours ago, spil said:

It talks alot about old simulators but okay will take a look in it if I can find anything that can be helpful if I find the guide....

The link to the guide is in my signature.  Yes, the guide does talk about old simulators like FSX/FSX-SE but it has talks about P3DV4.  It simply tells you to rename your p3d.cfg to p3d.off.  Rename your dll.xml in the same folder as the location of P3D.cfg to dll.xml.off.  Then rename your dll.xml in the same folder as your scenery.cfg to dll.xml.off.  It then tells you if you are using Lorby_Si's Addon Organizer, open it up and disable all add-on scenery.  Restart P3D.  The guide recommends you do the actions one at a time so you can see which cfg/xml is causing your problem.  So you rename the p3d.cfg and restart P3D and see if this fixes the problem.  If it does, your P3D.cfg was corrupt.  If it still crashes, then rename the dll.xml in the same folder as your P3D.cfg to dll.xml.off.  Restart P3D and see if this fixes the problem.  If it does, then there is a module loading in that particular dll.xml that is not working properly.  If it still crashes, then go to the scenery.cfg folder and rename the dll.xml in this folder.  Restart P3D.  If the problem is fixed, then modules loaded by this dll.xml have issues.  The dll.xml in the same folder as the scenery.cfg is the new default and this particular dll.xml will be rebuilt when you restart P3D. If none of these actions do not fix your issue(s), then go to Windows 10 update and look for recovery.  If you recently updated Windows 10, you can revert back to the previous version.  If it was not recent, then Windows will tell you this is not possible.  You can then reset your PC but I have never had any success with this in fixing an issue with P3D and it only messes things up further.  There is no one cure for your issue.  You must investigate and the guide and my comments above provide a way to investigate.  If there was a fix, you can be sure it would be posted in this forum or there would be many discussions about the fix. 

Did you know an old module of FSUIPC can cause this issue?  This is why I recommend renaming the dll.xml so the FSUIPC will not load.  In most cases the FSUIPC will not cause the crash but a setting you made in the fsuipc might be conflicting with your P3D.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Problem solved, it was an automated update of an airport scenery that caused the CTD.
When replacing the airport scenery to an older version and disabling auto update everything works normal again!

Topic can be closed.
Have a wonderful day!

• Like 1