Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

Retract flaps

Hey Bryan just bought your FS Labs software today and I must say I’m very impressed job well done. My question is I’ve been reading through the manual and I can’t seem to find the setting where the FO retracts flaps after landing. It just goes to after landing check list but the FO is not retracting the flaps. I’m using button control with P3D v 4.5 thanks

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Hello,

Are you disarming the spoilers after vacating the runway?  This is the trigger for the PM to start his after landing flow, which obviously includes retracting the flaps.

3 minutes ago, J5flyer said:

Hello,

Are you disarming the spoilers after vacating the runway?  This is the trigger for the PM to start his after landing flow, which obviously includes retracting the flaps.

Yes I have been disarming the spoilers but it’s not working. I’ll try another flight and report back. 

1 hour ago, byork said:

Also, the PM won't retract the flaps all the way if the temp is over something like 30 degrees to prevent an erroneous ecam message associated with a bleed duct overheat.

I suspect that's it.

Lol very good then wow as realistic as it gets. Well after work I’ll do another flight and let you know how it goes thanks for replying 

So basically I figured out the issue I didn’t disarm the spoilers stupid me lol thanks for your replies 

10 hours ago, byork said:

Glad you got it sorted 🙂

One more question, I set the flaps to TO config 2 in the departure brief but the PM doesn’t set the the flaps. Is this something that I have to do? 

31 minutes ago, byork said:

He'll do it during the AFTER START flow.

You're not triggering the After Start flow.

Please check the manual and FAQs thread.

Cheers,

Ah ok thanks

On 8/27/2019 at 11:42 PM, byork said:

Also, the PM won't retract the flaps all the way if the temp is over something like 30 degrees to prevent an erroneous ecam message associated with a bleed duct overheat.

I suspect that's it.

Landed somewhere today with an OAT of 35 degrees. What's the temp where the PM will leave flaps out to breathe? I thought SOP from Airbus was around 32 or something.

Looking at the code now...

Trigger is > 30 degrees.

But I see a bug 🙂

It'll only set Flaps 1 (which is correct to avoid the spurious Air L R wing leak message)  if the flaps are in Config Full.

I'll fix it for Config 3 for the next update.

Glad you had me look at the code!

6 hours ago, byork said:

Looking at the code now...

Trigger is > 30 degrees.

But I see a bug 🙂

It'll only set Flaps 1 (which is correct to avoid the spurious Air L R wing leak message)  if the flaps are in Config Full.

I'll fix it for Config 3 for the next update.

Glad you had me look at the code!

During the taxi flow in button control I have flaps 2 set in the departure brief but the PM is not setting it for me I have to set the flaps myself. Don't know what I'm doing wrong my trim is all set right spoilers are armed. After the taxi flow all I get is a warning saying slats not in TO config and flaps not in TO config

The above comment was related to taxi-in, not taxi out 🙂

The PM will set the Takeoff Flaps during this After Start flow.

Are you triggering the After Start flow?  I suspect you're not.

During After Start flow, PM will also:

Arm Ground Spoilers and attempt to set the Pitch trim.

You'll also see the After Start text flashing in the FS2Crew main panel.

If the flow is in fact being triggered and the flaps aren't moving, it's probably because you have external hardware over-riding the flaps.