Sign in to follow this  
LesOReilly

ORBX Series on impact to P3Dv4.5

I have started a series of videos on what the impact is of ORBX on the Sim....Since I upgraded to P3Dv4.5 thought it would be good to go through each item installed one by one.  This will allow for a better understanding of what pieces are doing the most damage to the Sim Experience.....It is not all just about FPS.  There is some other side effects that we will address.  Sadly not all have been dealt with in the years this stuff has been out.  Some items are inexcusable since this is a simulator and when the add on breaks some "important" flight related aspects they should address it --- or stop selling the product.

Not all of it is bad...As you will see in the first video or two in the series...Video 1 dropped today and every day for the next few days we will have another instalment.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

Hi,
Could you describe some of the of the extra-tool you are using, like
- the top screen info displayed (I have frequently difficult time to see and check all the info on the VC)
 -the "touch down" report : I am trying to improve 😉 my pilot skill and my landing.

I would love to learn more...

Thanks - will follow the next episodes.

Gérard

10 hours ago, gaab said:

Hi,
Could you describe some of the of the extra-tool you are using, like
- the top screen info displayed (I have frequently difficult time to see and check all the info on the VC)
 -the "touch down" report : I am trying to improve 😉 my pilot skill and my landing.

I would love to learn more...

Thanks - will follow the next episodes.

Gérard

I am using OBS to Record my content ( you can also stream with it).  It allows you to capture multiple screens and layer video elements -- This includes the information Bar which is another application BeneOverlay...You can download from Git Hub.  It uses FSUIPC to access the data and then is creating HTML which OBS can then layer onto your video.

Les O'Reilly

Part 2 is up now.  Pretty much going to be seeing one each day for the next few days since I recorded 6 or 7 parts in one Day then just need to edit and upload.

Global Vector added -- Good news can't see much of an impact on performance with this yet.

Les O'Reilly

Great idea. For those of us who can’t watch the whole series, when you’re done would you consider summarizing your main findings here?

James

On 9/8/2019 at 4:59 AM, honanhal said:

Great idea. For those of us who can’t watch the whole series, when you’re done would you consider summarizing your main findings here?

James

I will do my best 🙂

Summary to this point -- About a 12-15 FPS Hit with the addition of SoCal and KSAN.

Worse it seems like Airports that are in the SoCal Region develop inactive Windsocks....This is not something that is "new" apparently.  I did a search and there were reports of this.

However it appears that even with SoCal Removed KSAN windsocks still don't function correctly......

With that we will link to just released Part 7 -- Windsock Gate 🙂

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

Forgot to post that part 8 was up -- KPSP...

I was out of town for a trade show....Also need to leave again in the next couple of days....

Hope I can get another part up with one of the other airports soon.

Les O'Reilly