Sign in to follow this  
por930

Reinstall process

I recently returned to flight sim recently, and saw where my FSW aircraft crashed my recently updated P3Dv4.5. A quick check of my current and available FSW versions indicated i was still in the P3Dv4.2 era

I would like to thank FSW for updating my admin account with two purchases of FSW products from a now closed vendor. Very quick response.

I can now  update my Lear, 441 and the Falcon 50. to suit P3D v4.5. I saw the comments(https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/550562-if-p3dv4-crashes-or-other-p3d-issues/)fromFSW regarding updates.

I guess the repaints and or revised textures etc for the aircraft will also be an issue?

So, is the best way forward to:

1. Download the latest version for the relevant FSW aircraft.
2. Make a note of the third party repaints and textures to see if they have been updated and reinstall later.
3. Uninstall the FSW aircraft using the add - remove programs app.
4. install the FSW aircraft, making sure that virus checkers are suspended.
5. Update Milviz radar and install as per Milviz recommendations
6. Update RXP GTN and install as per RXP recommendations.
7. Test to see that the aircraft loads ok, if, so...
8. See if the third party repaints and textures have been updated, if so, reload.
9. Repeat for other FSW aircraft.

Geoff Bryce

We removed pre made repaints for the Lear on our website because any old paint kit will no longer work without being updated with our new paint kit. And our new paint kit for the Lear is there for download. So customers who have their layer of decals and just slap together a new paint.

Edited by Flysimware