Sign in to follow this  
BAW9DV

Install problem for RXPGNS530 on FSX-SE

Hello,

I purchased the Reality XP GNS530 product yesterday with the intention to learn to use it on the Alabeo Cessna 310R.  I want to join in the London to Australia rally and after years of flying VOR/NDB navigation in light aircraft and years of flying the big tin using FMC/Radio navigation, I wanted to learn this method for the rally and for VFR flying generally.

I checked that the Alabeo Cessna does support the inclusion of the GNS530 and there is an EXE file that removes the original Alabeo gauge and inserts the RXP one.  I use FSX-SE on a Windows 10 64-bit system with FS running at 2560 x 1440 resolution.

The install of the GNS530 stalled for several minutes and so I stopped the install using Task Manager.  I then launched the installer again and all seemed to go well.   I then ran the EXE file to "swap" the gauges.

Opening the Cessna 310 in FSX, I got a dead unit!   The new gauge was there but absolutely dead.  No ON/OFF switch or anything that the mouse would react to!   So I ran the EXE file that swaps them back again and all is well.

However, I do not know what to do about this.   Is the gauge installed?  I check ADD/REMOVE Programs and cannot see a RXP installation.   The original Alabeo gauge is now back ok.

Any ideas?

My order details -

Order Number 1463829 - John James - yesterday 07-September-2019 at 12:31:37pm

Thank you,

regards,

Lee

Edited by SB9DV

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

Ok, SOLVED!

I made sure any existing install was removed and cleaned up with CCleaner.  Then attempted to reinstall, but this time when prompted to select the Simulator from the list, I chose FSX instead of FSX Steam Edition (I use the Steam Edition variant) and the install went fine.  The missing menu option was this time available and working.

It took some time to set up the unit (the manual is very comprehensive about a lot of things - except it does not really tell you what to do and how to do it!).

But after a day of effort, the device is installed and working.   Now I just need to learn how to use it!   

Wonder if it can read PLN files?

cheers,

Lee

• Like 1

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

1 hour ago, SB9DV said:

Wonder if it can read PLN files?

cheers,

Lee

User manual, page 9.

It can read fpl flight plans.

LittleNavMap can do the conversion for you..

• Like 2

Bert

Garmin compliant .fpl files can also be written by most if not all real world flight planning web sites like Fltplan.com and Skyvector.com to name a couple.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 9/8/2019 at 6:03 PM, SB9DV said:

I chose FSX instead of FSX Steam Edition (I use the Steam Edition variant)

HI,

you're making me wondering whether there is a bug in our installer, our a cross FSX/FSX-SE problem we're not taking care of. Can you help us out?

When you've first installed and selected "FSX-SE", the installer should have prompt you to browse to the folder containing your FSX-SE main program. Do you mean you have both FSX and FSX-SE installed in your computer and there was a problem differentiating which is which?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)