Sign in to follow this  
Highflyer525

Is there a way to update the satelite map for taxiway maintenance

Hi,

Just spent quite a bit if time updating ENGM airport taxiways, only to realise the satellite overlay the taxiway maintenance form uses is quite a bit out of date. If you look at Google Maps for ENGM, you'll see there's a new part to the terminal, lots of new parking spaces and taxiways etc.

Is it possible to update these maps? I thought it was pulling them live, but I guess not if there slightly out.

Any help much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mark.

The current source for Satellite maps is Microsoft/Bing.  Unfortunately, all satellite maps are out of date for some locations....ENGM is more out of date on BING as you say.

The ability to change maps in Taxi Mnt will be available in the next update.

The most important thing is to have the taxiways match the scenery.  Have you tried Saving your current taxi definitions to a safe location so you can load them back if you don't like the import, and then importing ENGM from your SIM?  

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. Ahh I see, I never thought about the different providers having different date maps.

Looking forward to the next up date, sounds like there's a few great things on the horizon.

I've managed for now. With some very carful comparison between P2A, Google and Navigraph charts, I'm pretty sure I've managed to work around the issue and put the few taxiways in place I needed to make sure I can get around the airport as it is in the scenery.

I did import the scenery actually as it's an add-on, and some odd gates are what alerted me to it in the first place. All sorted now though.

Thanks for your help,

Mark.