Sign in to follow this  
BigT65

Does the flight recorder work?

Does the flight recorder in P3Dv4.5 work? Every time I try to use it to record a portion of a flight then play the recording back the plane just slowly circles and descends until in hits the ground. The recording has the correct weather and scenery but the actual flight path differs significantly from what the recording shows. Does it work or am I doing it wrong?

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

Has anyone else ever tried recording a flight with the flight recorder in the analysis tab? I need to know if the thing works or not, or is it me. If no one has ever tried maybe someone could give it a go and let me know what happens.

Thanks 

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

Just tried, and mine is working fine. Puts a document in the Prepar3D v4 Files folder.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

replay and flight recorder working as expected.

Apparently mine has something wrong with it. Mine records the flight and puts the file in the Prepar3D v4 folder but when I load up the video to replay it, it loads and shows the video length but does not run. The progress bar does not come on to show the progress of the video and the time does not tick down. Also it I record the flight in the daytime then load it up to replay later that evening it loads up as if it's nighttime. 

To be clear, are you trying to play the video within p3d, or with some external player? Because if I remember right, the p3d flight recorder has some weird proprietary format that doesn't play nice with external players.

Yes, I am running the playback while in P3D. When you go to the Help tab and then to the Analysis tab to read up on the Recorder there is a lot of information there that's in a file that apparently controls the recorder. This information is not easy to decipher. I am assuming that the average user, like me, would not have to mess with it. Is this correct? 

4 hours ago, BigT65 said:

I am assuming that the average user, like me, would not have to mess with it. Is this correct? 

That's correct. I never changed anything.