Sign in to follow this  
Kimp1lot

Close menu

Hello,

I bought UGCX this morning but I cannot test it fully before tomorrow (I tried few things there and there, configured my options etc).

From reading the manuals and seeing streams, it looks very promising ! Finally some push & hold action is possible, and much more of course!

I have one question ; I will be using the menu control, during a pushback sequence, can I close the menu to re-open it ?
When pushback is completed, the marshaller will say "set brakes". Can I close the menu to re-open it a bit later or will it cancel the pushback and I have to let the menu open ?

Thanks.

Edited by Kimp1lot

Welcome to club UGCX 🙂

It's in the manual, but you can toggle the Menu with this key assignment:

OPEN / CLOSE MENU:
➢ TOW PLANE (REQUEST)

I use the "T" key.  It works a treat.

Opening and closing the menus will not cancel or affect the pushback.

The only way to cancel the pushback is to select the "Kill Operations" option in the Menu... or use the associated Voice command to abort everything.

Cheers,

Can't wait to try it out ahah !

One more question just to be sure.

In the manuals you say that if chocks are not removed or parking brake is set, it will flip the aircraft. Fair enough.

During a pushback, if the pushback is completed and I set my parking brake but I don't want him to disconnect now because I'm still starting my engines, can I set the parking brake without clicking on "Brakes set" and just wait, it won't flip over my plane, right ?

That could be a feature suggestion actually, add a step between brakes set and hand signals.

GND : Pushback completed set brakes
CKPIT: Brakes are set.
(Add an option to clear him to disconnect : or the tug can disconnect but the guy stays on INT)
CKPIT: Positive start, cleared to disconnect see you right hand side with the pin.
GND: Disconnecting, right hand side with the pin.

Thanks for the answer!

Edited by Kimp1lot

3 hours ago, Kimp1lot said:

GND : Pushback completed set brakes
CKPIT: Brakes are set.
(Add an option to clear him to disconnect : or the tug can disconnect but the guy stays on INT)
CKPIT: Positive start, cleared to disconnect see you right hand side with the pin.
GND: Disconnecting, right hand side with the pin.

that is exactly the way it is working now 🙂

Edited by keight
  • Like 1