Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pcpiloot

Uninstall stops at Time remaining: 8 seconds

Hi,

I try to uninstall version 2.7.7.0 on my W10  1903 pc.

The unsinstall process remains on Time remaining 8 seconds forever.

Cancel button does a roll back.

I tried the xPack.msi as adminitrator. Same thing happens.

When I run xPack.msi not as administrator the screen Removing Multicrew Experience stops at Removing shortcuts and stays there forever.

Please advise how to be able to uninstall.

Regards,

Jacob

1 hour ago, pcpiloot said:

Hi,

I try to uninstall version 2.7.7.0 on my W10  1903 pc.

Cancel button does a roll back.

I tried the xPack.msi as adminitrator. Same thing happens.

When I run xPack.msi not as administrator the screen Removing Multicrew Experience stops at Removing shortcuts and stays there forever.

Please advise how to be able to uninstall.

Regards,

Jacob

Hello Jacob.

We use Microsoft Installer technology.

Those msi files are totally managed by Windows via the "Microsoft Installer" service.

I can only mention a few things that may have prevented it running as expected.

Make sure no files (including executable tools that come with MCE are running. Like wizard, speech trainer or other)

I assume you have enough space on C drive for the installer to be able to create temporary files.

I did have a few occasions where it appears to have stalled, but when looking closely to the task bar, I noticed it was actually waiting to elevate to admin before completing the process.

I suggest you reboot, not run any flight sim software  and try to un-install again, this time, wait for up to 5 minutes if necessary and pay attention to the task bar.

3 hours ago, pcpiloot said:

What does "forever" mean for you? 😉 How long did you wait?

I also had problems with uninstalling MCE lately when the uninstaller seemed to be stuck. Once I had to wait 20 - 30 minutes but then the uninstaller completed. I have no idea why, but try to give it more time.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.