Sign in to follow this  
toucanair

PA-31T Installation issue AppData denied

https://imgur.com/a/kZHcIZr

Hi All,

I've had some trouble installing the recently purchased Cheyenne II,

It's the first time I've had this issue as I have just about all Carenado and alabeo have produced.

I am running Windows10 with latest service pack.

I am Running P3dv4.5 without Hotfix 2.

I ran installer as administrator.

I've tried turning a lot of the windows security settings down or off, although after the service pack there seem to be a few settings I'm not totally familiar with yet.

just wondering if any of the regular gurus might have any insight to this issue or suggestions as to how I may be able to resolve this.

Regards,

T

Edited by toucanair

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

Can you finish the installation nevertheless? I've had the same, very strange, error a while ago, but upon switching to the Cheyenne, P3D CTDd. 

I had to choose and save an airport in a different country as a default flight and the CTDs stopped. Subsequent installations didn't produce this error anymore. 

Yes, If I close the window, A further carenado window appears, however it is blank, I then close that window and the installation finishes.

It does place the Cheyenne II in the appropriate folders. I didn't get CTD as you did. it does load. the only things I've noticed so far are the following.

Aircraft sits a little oddly on the ramp, i.e the nose wheel is not making full contact with the surface. (was tested at 29Palms KTNP addon scenery.. other aircraft seem fine there).

The autopilot cannot hold heading to save it self, It's quite bad, more so than other carenado products. It just hunts through the heading bug in an ever increasing phugoid till completely unstable, Alt hold follows suit thereafter, also the yoke in the VR doesn't seem to have full travel in the roll axis on preflight check, (yes, autopilot was Off) I am wondering if the issue might be related, is anyone else finding this as well?

Everything else seems the the usual carenado bugs.

Your installation issue, seem such an "outside the box" fix. I would never have thought of that as a solution, in any case I am a little hesitant to mess with default start situations as it always seems to create new problems. thank you for the advice though.

I feel like Carenado have really fumbled the ball lately, there's no consistency with them.

I've had trouble with their HTTPS website certificate issues with the new carenado website, trouble with their webpay system.

It's really starting to put me off their products of late.

It's disappointing really as am looking forward to their EMB-120 Brasilia too, having flown the type IRL many years ago

Edited by toucanair
grammer

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

3 hours ago, toucanair said:

Yes, If I close the window, A further carenado window appears, however it is blank, I then close that window and the installation finishes.

The autopilot cannot hold heading to save it self, It's quite bad, more so than other carenado products. It just hunts through the heading bug in an ever increasing phugoid till completely unstable, Alt hold follows suit thereafter.

Same here with the additional blank window.  AP problem seems to be related.

Never had a problem with creating new default flights. The only important item is that it should never be with an add-on aircraft.

Once the problem was gone, I had no problems in re-saving my original default flight as default flight again.

Btw, I've had this problem twice, and each time it was the first add-on install after a new P3D install, so I'm not sure if this is a Carenado problem.

Edited by FDEdev

I successfully use the (cold and dark) Milviz C310R as my default flight.  Once I'm at the airport where I want to start, I can substitute any add-on aircraft in its place.  Not so with any other add-on aircraft available, only the C310R.  Don't know why, but it works.

Stew

Edited by StewartH

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"