Sign in to follow this  
Tims Sim

Sound Card ini file parameter please

Hi,

So far pleased with UGCX, but have run into a problem.

In the ini file, should the number adjacent to the sound card choice be the same as the number against the sound card chosen from the UCGX menu? In my case UCGX has stopped working after trying to change the sound card choice. In the ini file there is a zero next to the sound card choice. I imagine it should be 1 or 2 etc?

Can you kindly confirm?

Thanks very much

Dave

Thanks Bryan,

Perhaps Manuel can kindly confirm if one selects the third sound card from the in sim menu, i.e. number 3, will AudioDevice=0 become AudioDevice=3?

Thanks

Dave

Hey Guys,

No, the number in "AudioDevice=X" is not the number shown in the UGCX Audio devices menu. It's an internal (invisible) index number that starts from "0", If you see the UGCX Audio devices menu. You start counting from the first one in the list, which should be equivalent to "0", then from that on. Example, if you open the UGCX Audio Devices menu list. and you see that in total there are 4 audio devices listed, then the first audio device listed would have an index number of "0", then the second audio device listed would be "1", then the third "2", then the fourth "3#.....As a result, so you will have: "0,1,2,3" that counts a total of 4 audio devices.

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the explanation.

So, If I select device 2 from the menu I should see '1' in the ini file. Is this correct? Or does it remain as AudioDevice=0

Regards

Dave

Exactly, if you have only two sound devices in the list, then:

First audio device = index of "0"

Second audio device = index of "1"

As a result you will only have "0" and "1" from a list of 2 audio devices.

Cheers,

spacer.png