Sign in to follow this  
ashleyjames

Landing elevation issues

Hi all,

I seem to be having issues when landing, particularly at YSSY and RPLL. About 50ft or so before touch down, the aircraft seems to slam into the runway and it becomes very hard to stop. It seems like an elevation issue when the aircraft think it's at touch down point but its still 50 ft or so above.

The only new program I have added was upgrading to GSX level 2. I am currently overseas at the moment but am still running P3D v4.5. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Kind regards,

Ash allen

Ah yes, how that issue has troubled me in the past. I assume your mesh resolution is set to 1 or 2 meters, right? Set it to 5 meters or lower and issue should disappear. In addition, you will gain improve sim performance. There is pretty much nothing that will leverage mesh resolutions higher than 5 meters, so you will not lose any fidelity. If you do skim mountain ridges with ultra high mesh, then you might want to adjust it for an occasion by having a different profile, but generally you should not go below 5.

Edited by Evros

Thanks for the reply evros. I don't believe I have changed my mesh but I will certainly check it when I'm home. 

Thanks.

It can also happen at take off aswell if the mesh resolution is set to less than 5 metres. That one is even more annoying, as you can have just become airborne when you are suddenly slammed back down onto the runway! :angry:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png