Sign in to follow this  
slait

Praise for the fantastic SibWings Saab 91 Safir!

Having just interupted a wonderful flight in this magical little aircraft, I thought I would jump in here to give anyone who may have missed it a quick heads up.It is very easy to bypass news on the Avsim front page, if its something that we aren't actually expecting, or contains names of developers, or even aircraft(!), that we haven't heard of. With that in mind, I definately missed this little gem! Wasn't until I saw a post in the screenshots forum a couple of days ago featuring this awesome model, that I went to the website and checked it out. I didn't purchase it immediately, but a few hours later went back for another look...I'm glad I did!At 20 euros, I think its fantastic value. The 4 models are based on real life aircraft, and as such, you get 4 completely individual aircraft. The subtle (and also not so subtle!) differences are best seen in the VC, which is (or rather 'are', plural, not singular!) absolutely amazing. Lots of wonderful little features which immerse you in the pure pleasure of flying this lovely little aircraft.The sounds are wonderful, the handling superb, the model brilliant. Well done to a team I had never heard of, for bringing me an aircraft I was unfamiliar with, but am glad to say is currently my favorite GA aircraft!It can be found at http://www.sibwings.com/It won't disappoint anyone!Regards,Al.

Guest allcott

Al, Looks like you could do with taking some of your own medication! :) -we've been raving about this little beauty since the day of release:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchOnly trouble is, you may also have missed the note on the developers page - they have stopped selling the aircraft temporarily, presumably because a certain individual or small group decided to share their codes with the scum of the earth and the pirates have moved in.I have no idea what possessed these people to do that to a new developer with their first product, but it serves to show that not all simmers are friends to be trusted, and that there are people in these forums who are actually more interested in undermining than supporting this hobby of ours.On a more positive note, the Sibwings forum suggests the first patch to deal with the CTD issue that some are having, should be out in the next day or so. Allcott

>Al, >>Looks like you could do with taking some of your own>medication! :) -we've been raving about this little beauty>since the day of release:>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search>>AllcottOh look, it's Allcott the "it's already been posted" policeman on the job again.....Wow, will you please, please just let people post as they want...please?Perhaps I'll go buy it and make my own brand new post raving about it, just because I can.....

Guest jaapverduijn

And, pray, what is the added value of YOUR posting, Paul Kane? Allcott provided some interesting (though sad...) additional info, but all I gather from YOUR posting is that you seem to be a bit hung-over this morning.Take a couple of alka-seltzers, release the odd burp or two, and you'll be alright again in no time at all. Believe me, I'm an experienced hanger-over (grin)!As to the original SSS ("Saab Safir Subject"): it's a bloody shame what's going on in piracy nowadays. And I fear this is only a small preview of what will be happening "next-adays". They get cleverer and cleverer, and faster and faster. The Safir affair certainly hurts.Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest allcott

Thanks Jaap, my point exactly. nothing useful to add, but adds it anyway. Could be the definition of a useless post! And a mistaken assumption too - I think you're right, Mr K must be having a bad day!Let's hope that we don't have to revisit the topic again to report that if you haven't already got it, you won't be able to, because I've got it, and it is a real treasure. An absolute find, worth shouting about, I agree Paul, just not when nobody else can go get it. And as Jaap says, who gave YOU that information? Do think before you post.Allcott

Nope, not hung over at all Jaap!! But thanks for thinking one must be hung over to take exception to Allcott's dressing down of Al.I'm disappointed with seeing Allcott taking the wind out of Al's excitement with yet another "it's already been posted" reply preceed with a rude "take your own medicne" comment. Yes, he did provide some useful information, but he didn't "take his own medicne" and post this information in the other thread, as he sugggested Al do with his positive feelings toward the Safir. Is my post worthless, probably, but I fell perhaps he'll stop reminding folks of "other" threads and making comments like "Looks like you could do with taking some of your own medication!" if he's called on it enough.

Guest allcott

If you misunderstood my post to Al as as dressing down, that's your problem. Do you know what smilies are for? :( It was only that Al could actually have mentioned it sooner, when it was actually still available for purchase, or after noticing in the Sibwings site that they'd taken the download link down. It was actually funny, not annoyance to see Al's post when I did, and of course Al is not aware of the other threads on this aircraft as he didn't look either - which was after all what he was reminding us all to do - Look at something we missed.Just seemed ironic to me is all. But if you want to get all annoyed about it on Al's behalf Paul, don't let us stop you. But try looking in the mirror - just who appointed YOU as Al's minder? I was adding information, all you seem to have added is deliberate undermining of that important information. Tell me why that is, Paul?Shall we nip over to Sibwings and ask them if you are a registered customer?Allcott

Paul I feel like you over-reacted, I didn't see Alcott's post as "dressing down" anyone at all. In fact until you took exception to it, I read thru it and did not think anything of it at all. I just thought it was informational, and more info is always good. Maybe the original poster now read the other thread and learned more.RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest allcott

Thanks Rhett, I didn't think it was me being understood - Jaap saw what I was trying to say and how I was trying to say it. Forums can be a nightmare of understanding, but I really don't see why Paul wnated to jump down my throat for giving out information, when he added none himself! Never mind, the info is there, and Paul can apologise of he wants or not if he doesn't. Allcott

Guest allcott

And the same old double-dutch from Holland&Holland. Do you ever make a useful contribution to a topic Rob?Allcott

>It was only that Al could actually have mentioned it sooner,>when it was actually still available for purchase, or>after noticing in the Sibwings site that they'd taken the>download link down.You're assuming of course, that Al even knew the link had been removed. What makes you think Al even returned to the site after he bought it?! Again, you assumed Al knew about it and neglected to tell us all. Must have been an oversight on his part. Thank God you're here to remind him of something he probaby didn't know :-roll >But if you want to get all annoyed about it on Al's behalf>Paul, don't let us stop you. Thanks for giving me your permission to be annoyed at your behavior. I appreciate it :-)>I was adding information, all you seem to have added is deliberate>undermining of that important information. Tell me why that>is, Paul?Darn, you found me out. I was actually trying to deliberately undermine that important information. Excellent deduction Allcott.>Shall we nip over to Sibwings and ask them if you are a>registered customer?Uhhh, I think I already stated I don't have it yet. What does my having it or not have to do with anything????? Nice pressure tactic though. Trying to shut me up? Tell me why that is, Allcott :-)

Guest jgreth123

>Al, >>Looks like you could do with taking some of your own>medication! :) -we've been raving about this little beauty>since the day of release:>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search>>Only trouble is, you may also have missed the note on the>developers page - they have stopped selling the aircraft>temporarily, presumably because a certain individual or small>group decided to share their codes with the scum of the earth>and the pirates have moved in.>>I have no idea what possessed these people to do that to a new>developer with their first product, but it serves to show that>not all simmers are friends to be trusted, and that there are>people in these forums who are actually more interested in>undermining than supporting this hobby of ours.>>On a more positive note, the Sibwings forum suggests the first>patch to deal with the CTD issue that some are having, should>be out in the next day or so.While I don't give a crap about the added drama in yet another thread, I figured I'd shed some light on what may have happened.This is from an impartial party as I don't know either side ( Sibwings or the user in question ):One of the long-time users of the Sim-Outhouse forums was hacked and his information was stolen. Said user said he didn't give out anything.You can read for yourself in this thread:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=25733

Guest mistral2

Is everyone who participated in the above exchange actually an adult? I've heard more mature debate in school-yards. What childish, smug and self-important responses to one person's discovery of an exciting new (to him) FS addition, and a desire to share his find. Go back and read the thread and be ashamed of yourselves.

Guest allcott

You are the one who needs to learn to read. The POINT is NO-ONE can download his `important find` as it has temporarily been withdrawn from the market because of piracy. That is the significance of the thread. Forget for a moment your feelings when the only thing we SHOULD be doing is uniting to condemn the pirates who have allegedly invaded a sim users computer and stolen the users ID for this excellent piece of paid-for software. Because of them YOU don't get to enjoy this aircraft, even if you wanted to. We must unite to deal with this menace - it has affected genuine enthusiastic simmers as now they can't get it, but the pirates can. And I don't see you doing that. Allcott