Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is it possible to set up naming of the dispatched AI to be identical to ATC ID from aircraft.cfg and not the generic FFXAI-XX ?

Or to be named directly like in AITrackerX ?

Thanks
Michael

 

Edited by Moonwolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Michael,

you mean, how much would it cost to implement an input field for the AI names? Between 400 and 800€. It may take as much as a full day of effort, implementation, testing and appending three documentation files in three languages. The ATC-ID of the aircraft is used to identify them in other parts of the application, and all that would have to change too.

I'm not sure that I am prepared to do that. That kind of cost will never be recovered through sales.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
Corrected the estimate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just purchased AITrackerX and this addon seems to use ATC ID for AI Traffic, but somehow FFX generates it's own ATC ID numberseries?
Naming via input field is only "nice to have", but it would be great if naming was the same in FFX as in AITX.
Either way i appreciate all your work and support in FFX.

 

Thanks
Michael

Edited by Moonwolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Moonwolf said:

I have just purchased AITrackerX and this addon seems to use ATC ID for AI Traffic, but somehow FFX generates it's own ATC ID numberseries?
Naming via input field is only "nice to have", but it would be great if naming was the same in FFX as in AITX.
Either way i appreciate all your work and support in FFX.

 

Thanks
Michael

Hello Michael,

both applications overwrite the default ATC-ID from the aircraft.cfg (and some other fields) with new values when the AI is created. In case of AITX you can enter the text yourself, in FFX it is hard coded, to make sure that the aircraft can be identified programmatically later, for example when transmitted over the FFX netword in a multi-user setup. FFX requires the AI to have these names, that is what makes it difficult to just add a simple input field like in AITX. I would have to implement other properties, so that aircraft can still be identified as FFX AI (as opposed to simulator AI or other FFX players on the network).

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, i just hoped this could be solved by an ini-file option.

It's not a big problem though, as the id's can be tracked by using the scratch pad :cool:

Thanks

Michael

Edited by Moonwolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moonwolf said:

Ok, i just hoped this could be solved by an ini-file option.

That is a small change for me, but it would only work on a single instance FFX setup. When flying with other FFX pilots, there  would be trouble.

I'm not sure that I understand the actual use case though. You could only set a new global prefix, different from "FFXAI-" - but what would that achieve or improve?

Best regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would give the ability to see the type of tanker or lead at a glance on the radar as in real world.

Examples:

T72 = Tanker 72 Cal Fire

T34 = Tanker 34 Coulson C-130 (LAT)

T910 = Tanker 910 DC-10 (LAT)

T944 = Tanker 944 Boeing 747 (VLAT)

H401 = Helicopter 401 Cal Fire (Type 2)

H731 = Helicopter 731 Erickson (Type 1)

AA240 = Lead 240 Cal Fire

Each label would then give better situational awareness.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moonwolf said:

It would give the ability to see the type of tanker or lead at a glance on the radar as in real world.

Examples:

T72 = Tanker 72 Cal Fire

T34 = Tanker 34 Coulson C-130 (LAT)

T910 = Tanker 910 DC-10 (LAT)

T944 = Tanker 944 Boeing 747 (VLAT)

H401 = Helicopter 401 Cal Fire (Type 2)

H731 = Helicopter 731 Erickson (Type 1)

AA240 = Lead 240 Cal Fire

Each label would then give better situational awareness.

 

 

To achieve that, you would need an input field where you can set the atc-id for every single aircraft. I'm not sure that the id from the aircraft.cfg would even hold in some instances where FFX creates the AI. And that means, that I have to change the network protocol and add a special something for the AIs - back to where we started.

If you are not into networked firefighting, send me an email again, I will see if I can figure out something "small" for your use case.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...