Good evening!

I continued searching for the reason, why LNM does not show X-Plane-Multiplayer from the local connection. Communities like VATSIM have a whazzup-file to locate the other planes, but they only allow a reading frequency of 2 minutes. This is to long for monitoring co-flyers in visual flights (for example). Some weeks ago I asked Alex for the reason and he told me, that every plane, which is shown on the X-Plane-Map is also shown in LNM (and that's definitely right!).
I am using swift for multiplaying and multiplayers are not shown in X-Plane-map (they freeze, when swift starts). It's a pity, that momentary swift DOES NOT POPULATE datarefs in X-Plane (I asked Mat Sutcliffe), so any user, who wants to see his colleagues flying nearby in realtime will be disappointed. Continuous populating of datarefs by swift in X-Plane obviously causes occasional crashes...
Is there any other chance?

Another chance would be swift, LiveTraffic and all the others creating and populating their own datarefs. LiveTraffic does this already.

If these guys would agree on one interface I'd happily use it but I cannot support a freaking variety of interfaces neither can I start a campaign for standardization.😒

Alex

Hello Alex, thank you for your answer. Perhaps my demands on you and the programmers on swift are to high, sorry. I don't want to annoy you! But I felt free to submit your answer to the swift forum ( https://discordapp.com/channels/539048679160676382/568904623151382546  ), perhaps it will push something.
By the way, LNM is a great and free tool, so thank you very much for your effort and work!
Andreas

Edited by fsspn
signature

Hi Andreas,

58 minutes ago, fsspn said:

I don't want to annoy you!

You didn't. No worry. It's normal for me to sound like that.😀

This is one of the big restrictions of X-Plane. The data is very limited even when showing the normal AI. Much better in FSX/P3D.
And don't even get me started about this whazzup.txt thing ...

Alex