Sign in to follow this  
CaptainNick

Patch 1.1 is out

Yep and so far it seems good. The F1 GTN 750 seems to be fine as does fps. Carenado were at least quick with these fixes but one wonders about testing of the original. Still, nice present of 2 new textures as a make up.

Bernie

I refuse to believe somebody could seriously be this out of touch to the community...

As if the atrocious texture mapping wouldn't scare off enough repainters, they now actively destroy any ambition to repaint by randomly adding liveries.
That's at least a dozen if not more hours down the drain for anybody who worked on these repaints. It is pure luck that I went for Continental and decided to start the Skippers one after the weekend...

Sorry for the rant but this is unbelievable!

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

This must be the first time in the history of flightsim that someone complains when an add-on developer gives away high quality liveries for free.

This is the unbelievable part for me.

Edited by FDEdev

You are entitled to the consumer's opinion, of course but try to see it from the repainters view.
I've spent almost 9 hours creating N205CA, a Continental Connection EMB120 livery from scratch. The fact that it wasn't United was because someone requested Continental when I was making the decision. Additionally, half an hour of research for the Skippers one is down the drain. Rightly you can say nobody is forcing me to do this and I understand your confusion about the strength of my opinion, but I hope I made it a little understandable.

It might be nice for users in the short-term, but this how you kill the freeware community.

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely great that you are doing additional liveries for the community! 

But AFAIR this is not the first time that Carenado adds new liveries together with a patch and your first repaint was already available less than 2 days after the initial release. 

Maybe Carenado also had already completed additional iveries for the patch, but they didn't include them because yours had been available even earlier?

I don't know any other company which releases a patch in less than half a week.

Edited by FDEdev

I'm not judging their patching, that is indeed great.
They just shouldn't add liveries (or if they do they should announce them beforehand). I wasn't aware they did that before.

Regarding Carenado missing out because of me there is two things to consider:

Liveries can be done for them in a matter of minutes, because they can use their model source files and paint on the 3D model directly. That they rush their liveries is evident in the fact that the registration is mirrored in their Skippers livery.
Secondly, they profit from every livery available, it's even cheaper for them to let the community do them, it's just that users don't need Google to find the liveries when they publish themselves. But unlike virtually all other companies, that is a point they fail to realise themselves. You can see that in the decision to save a tiny amount of money each release by not preparing and releasing the modelers paintkit and instead simply exporting the white textures.

Edited by Flieger-Marius

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png