Sign in to follow this  
Pluto7777

Cannot change audio device

Hello, just bought some new speakers for my sim PC (W10) but i cannot let the P3d sound use my speakers, it stays on the speakers of my HDMI monitor.

When changing the sound-device in P3D sound settings from HDMi monitor-speakers to the Realtek HD soundcard, it changes the setting but sound keeps on coming trough my monitorspeakers. I have also changed the sound-device in the speaker icon (right corner), no result.

When using VLC or Youtube sound, then i can change the sound device and sound follows the setting, but not P3D, it keeps on sending sound to HDMI and no sound at all to Realtek, and it is set as default.

In P3D.cfg / sound i can see the the primary sound device is selected

Any help ?

Have you tried the Windows device sound selection?  I think you need to select the default device there before selecting sound on P3D.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Nothing seems to help, only sound to HDMI screen works. Maybe i'll better connect the HDMI trough my Pioneer surround receiver, and then back to monitor, then i will get even better sound i guess

You need to check if windows has detected your speakers in the windows control panel without that they will never work, I have my SteelSeries Arctis 7 wireless headphones as my default sound device in control panel.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg