Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Engine Start Problem

I just can't seem to get the engines to start.  I try a cold start, but I can't get any power.  The battery is showing normal voltage, but when I turn the battery switch on I get nothing.  Have watched a video on how to do a cold and dark start and followed it step by step but still nothing.  When I go to Panel Manager, and go to Engine setup, I highlight the first 3 steps to get the engines running but the propellers just turn as if it's not getting any fuel or ignition.  Have tried starting only the right engine, same thing.  Every once in a while doing this they will start.  But it's really getting frustrating.  What happened to the Cntrl+E engine start.  Just want to go fly.  Any ideas on whats going on?  Thanks

Rodger

Turboprop??  Conditioning levers in the fuel cutoff position?  Fuel cutoff switch in the closed position?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

6 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Turboprop??  Conditioning levers in the fuel cutoff position?  Fuel cutoff switch in the closed position?

Will go back and double check your suggestions.  Thanks.  Still can't figure out the battery though.

Edited by C130FE

OK, so flipping on the battery switch gives no power to the panel instruments?  Circuit breaker, maybe?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

OK, so flipping on the battery switch gives no power to the panel instruments?  Circuit breaker, maybe?

Even if there was one, I don't believe the circuit breakers work.

Do you have the APU running?

Charlie Aron

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Do you have the APU running?

Cannot start the APU until I get the battery on.  Ground power does not work on this aircraft.

Edited by C130FE

Just tried a few times and the cold and dark option works every time. As soon as I turn on the battery the screens and most caution lights appear, which shows that power is available.

Sounds like a 'classic' case of uninstall-(re-download)-re-install to me.

Since not even the basic cold and dark option works for you, troubleshooting with the (a bit unreliable) other menu options doesn't make sense.

A few notes:

When starting an engine the condition lever has to be in the cut off position until at least 10% NH have been reached.

Clicking on the red backstop release lever does move the condition lever out off cut off, but there's a bug since there's still no fuel flow.

You have to manually advance it a bit further to get fuel flow and hence light up. Although the tooltip still says 'feathered' this isn't the case and the prop immediately moves out of feather. 

Hope this helps

Edited by FDEdev

8 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Just tried a few times and the cold and dark option works every time. As soon as I turn on the battery the screens and most caution lights appear, which shows that power is available.

Sounds like a 'classic' case of uninstall-(re-download)-re-install to me.

Since not even the basic cold and dark option works for you, troubleshooting with the (a bit unreliable) other menu options doesn't make sense.

A few notes:

When starting an engine the condition lever has to be in the cut off position until at least 10% NH have been reached.

Clicking on the red backstop release lever does move the condition lever out off cut off, but there's a bug since there's still no fuel flow.

You have to manually advance it a bit further to get fuel flow and hence light up. Although the tooltip still says 'feathered' this isn't the case and the prop immediately moves out of feather. 

Hope this helps

Ok, I think it's time to do a reinstall.   Will get back with you after the uninstall and reinstall.

*Update*  Uninstall/Reinstall worked.  Battery problem fixed.  Guess I should've thought about that sooner.  Thanks

Edited by C130FE

33 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Great!  🙂

When I went to start the engines, I could not get the prop levers in to the feather position, however the engines did start.

Confirmed. Although the tooltip says 'feathered' the props are unfeathering during start.

AFAIK they are working on a third patch already which hopefully fixes this problem as well.

20 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Confirmed. Although the tooltip says 'feathered' the props are unfeathering during start.

AFAIK they are working on a third patch already which hopefully fixes this problem as well.

Great thanks.