Sign in to follow this  
airernie

An oldie: Nova textures

Playing with some FS2004 scenery and I seem to be missing some of the Nova textures.   I've found a mix with Loney's and others scenery objects as well as novagt1.zip and novatxt3.zip, but still seem to be missing others in the series.

The Nova site is long gone, so I was hoping a FS2004 user might have copies.   I have a gap in numbering, but currently looking for nova046 and nova029. 

I can provide a list of the missing ones that I am aware of if someone has a large collection of the nova, novasim, and novagold textures.

Thanks,
Ernie.

Ernest Pergrem

The Importance of Being Ernest "to quote Oscar Wilde", in all matters,  I have them saved ( nova029.bmp  nova029_lm.bmp  nova046.bmp nova046_lm.bmp). I saved these Nova packs in Ernest (pardon my play on words) a long while ago, perhaps not so silly saving old stuff after all.
Ye ask and ye shall receive. I'll PM you.

Edited by Jethro

6 hours ago, airernie said:

The Nova site is long gone, so I was hoping a FS2004 user might have copies.   I have a gap in numbering, but currently looking for nova046 and nova029.

No need to beg for illegally shared files. Available here:
https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?93-Must-Have-Files

John

Edited by John Hinson

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Looks like John has a link to the Nova download packages, you may not need any further assistance.

Nothing shared thus far, Ernie  grab the files from Flightsim Must Have Files linked by John above. 

Oh btw, the files your after   029  are in novatx1.zip  &   046 are in   novatx2.zip 

Rafael

1 hour ago, John Hinson said:

No need to beg for illegally shared files. Available here:

John,

If you fully read my message, you would have read that I have already downloaded the two Nova files listed in the links that you gave me.

Unfortunately, neither contained the files I requested.

I have no desire to 'steal' anyone's work, but the links to download NovaTxt1, NovTxt2 no longer exist and I have been unable to contact the original author. 

If you can provide me a link to the two files listed above I will gladly download them.

Also, please note the novagt1 readme.txt dated 2001, which was 18 years ago states.

"4.- NOVA textures, if included in your package, must be included in its original
    file as released, partial release of Nova textures is NOT allowed."

It appears to me that he was not forbidding the distribution, just the desire for them to remain intact.  So, I do need to amend my request for the whole package and not just the individual files.

In fact, Rafael's only restriction was to not allow commercial use without a commercial license.

So, while I share your sense of justice I respectfully disagree that this is a case of my begging for illegally shared files at all.

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

Arrrrrr...I be diggin' through me old treasure chest and found 'em all too (NovaGr1, NovaTxt1, NovaTxt2 & novatxt3: 18AUG03) if ye still be 'avin trouble!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fringall said:

Arrrrrr...I be diggin' through me old treasure chest and found 'em all too (NovaGr1, NovaTxt1, NovaTxt2 & novatxt3: 18AUG03) if ye still be 'avin trouble!

Thank you for your and Jethro's offer.

It appears that novatxt1 & novatxt2 are available at one of the links John posted, so I am good to go.

I seemed to have missed them on my previous hunting expeditions.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem