Sign in to follow this  
Andreasmb

[Answered] AI Lights Pro Strobe & Landing Lights daytime

Whilst AI is configured meantime nicely as to all light effects and landing lights aswell as white wing strobes are in my configuration well seen for several miles at night when looking from the landing strip towards the front of the incoming AI aircraft during daytime both landing lights and white wing strobes only switch on round about 200 300 feet above ground before touchdown. Before that they are off.

Is this a feature which I can influence, as also during daytime I believe white strobes and landing lights should be switched on well before tocuhdown when some miles outside still.

Is this a matter I can influence in the aircraft.cfg or is this influenced by the bolts and nuts of AI Lights Pro?

AILRP V1 Landing and taxi lights are more influenced by what P3D does with these by default. You can influence the size of these with AILRP but the visibility and dynamic lighting of these is still controlled by P3D which is what you are experiencing during the day and not too far off what happens in real world.

Strobes can be influenced by using the AILRP calibration tool, by default it is designed to get as close as possible to RW. You can increase the size of these or reduce them, cahnge the texture set and many parameters to make them more or less obvious during day time. But be sure to follow our recommendations via our website and set these via your P3D configuration settings:

• Special effects details set to maximum. 
  • Special effects distance set to maximum.

Using also FSReborn scaling techniques instead of P3D default helps to increase the sizes of the strobes and force P3D to scale these to the size you want over longer distances, etc. You can set it via the AIRLP configuration panel.

Remember you can use the "Time Preview" window while using the live preview to see how the effects will look like at each time of the day.

Lastly remember all systems are different, certain shaders programs like REX EF, Evenshade, PTA, etc. will alter your simulator colours, environment behaviour and other setting making the particle effects to look different on each computer depending of the settings you enable with each of these add-ons. This is why I designed AILRP the way I did, you can alter all the effects parameters real time to make them look good with your system. I cannot tell you with 100% accuracy what parameters to use as each system and computer will always be different, you need to play and adjust the settings until you find the preset that works the best for you.

All the best,

S.

• Upvote 1