Sign in to follow this  
troyboy66

The dream aircraft

I know know. Its never gonna happen, but we can still dream right?!. It would be nice if Microsoft had some influence on these guys for the upcoming 2020 release. She is definitely a beauty

Edited by Jim Young
Embedded the video.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

I'm not very convinced.

No physical feedback?

Can't use touch "buttons" without looking at the screen?

How hard would it be to operate in turbulence?

Swiping pages to reach different systems?

What if all screens go out? All a/c systems would become unreachable??? 

Yes I know they would have been designed to be redundant/independent etc. But so were e.g. the displays on Airbuses, and yet there have been cases of total loss of flight displays in flight.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Never mind any touch screen issues:  How about experienced pilots now having to control the aircraft with side sticks:  A little learning curve there?

On some of the pilot boards I'm a member of, people complain about the touch screen, specifically in turbulence.   If you've ever been in some pretty bad turbulence and tried (accurately) turning the knob on a 430 you can imagine how difficult it'd be with just a touch screen.

Other than that though, very cool flight deck!

As for side sticks, I used to swap between PA28's to PA18's, to SR22's.  Not in any particular order.  Adjusting from a yoke to side stick is only weird for about 10 minutes or so, then you're used to it.  Same as with a yoke to stick.

Edited by ACR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1