Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Problem with Prepar 3D Version 4.5

20 hours ago, Reader said:

I would agree that the answer that you took issue with was not to your specific question but to the more general observation that you added to your first post.

All of these quotes DO NOT suggest that I said my opinion was correct but I simply disagreed!!!! I don't have time to argue the facts and you're just putting my quotes out here to prove your point, which YOU HAVE NOT!!!!!!!

You 3 say, or claim that your' views are correct, and I can say that my views, or opinions are correct, which are backed by sources!!!!!!!! The views I received here contradict the sources I have!!!!!!! I have new for you!!!! Those folders got misplaced, even though I instructed the install to install in C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3Dv4!!!!!!!!! I well remember what was entered, and I just simply removed the Program Files from the box. I NEVER instructed the installer to install to the C directory directly, as YOU claim as evidence!!!!!!!! Stop trying to prove that you got the upper hand here by using my quotes that YOU DO NOT understand, and you DO NOT have the upper hand here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

I'm out.

Welcome to my Ignored Users list.

Edited by Reader

Even though not having instructed the P3D installer to do anything, it plastered the files in wrong locations, for some reason. Most likely what I call finger trouble. I have finger trouble every day and have to go back and do something again, no big deal.

The information I have given allows the P3D user to worry not about finger trouble during installing and from thereon after with worry over addons too.

But back in the FSX days and Windows XP, as was explained, for many apps, the user files were stored with the code files on some addons. Even though this was frowned upon and warnings were given in good time, they did not change the behaviour of these programs.

So when the new OS emerged with secure code folders, the user files did not have Modify access.

In the NT world where I worked, there were many apps that did that. No Problemo - add Modify Allow to the Users group was sufficient. Relocating those apps across the city would have been well dumb. Not only very time consuming, but they would be adrift at sea with problems, many would be unknowns until run into.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

What I can see in this discussion is some believe the Windows operating system is somehow incorrect in design, some believe Prepar3D and FSX are incorrect by design. They are wrong. They got these bad ideas from administering systems with add-ons that require further assistance to allow them to work. It is consigned to my history book and the page has turned.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

13 hours ago, SteveW said:

Even though not having instructed the P3D installer to do anything, it plastered the files in wrong locations, for some reason. Most likely what I call finger trouble. I have finger trouble every day and have to go back and do something again, no big deal.

Hi Steve,

You may be right there. This is actually the first time it ever happened to me, but I re-installed the program and everything went well.

13 hours ago, SteveW said:

What I can see in this discussion is some believe the Windows operating system is somehow incorrect in design, some believe Prepar3D and FSX are incorrect by design. They are wrong.

So, you're saying that Microsoft, P3D, and FSX are not incorrectly designed? When you say THEY are wrong, are you referring to PMDG and LM as well. These are just some of the places where I got my sources.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning