Sign in to follow this  
randomravings

Creating custom routes

Hi. When creating custom routes at airports that have many similar, parallel pushback locations, is there a way to do multiple routes at one time? A lot of airports have parallel parking bays / gates that require identical (parallel) pushback routes ... it would be great if these could be done as a group rather than having to do each bay / gate individually. 

Hey,

Yes, you are right, there are some airports where the parkings/gates share the same paralell route, however, each bay/gate/parking is different because of the nodes/waypoints used. What you could do is copy/paste the same route for each gate, at file level. What I mean, is that you could go over into the "Airports Profiles" folder located in your "AppData" directory which usually is located at: "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Roaming". Each airport has a subfolder with the ID of the airport, and inside each gate/parking by it's name. You should normally, don't mess it the file names since the program looks for the routes thru the parking names, if it doesn't find it, it won't be able to load the routes, I know it's quite basic/simple, but this can be improved. You could open the gate/parking profile's file, and see the routes there, and copy the route from there, to another parking, and have a basic "template" of the route. In the v1.3, you can't edit the routes in the map, but on v1.4, you will be able to edit existing routes, giving you the power to build an entire airport routes easily. Also, v1.4 will start supporting names for pushback routes, so you can give a description/name to each route, so you can distingish between each one.

Cheers,

Manuel

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

@Manuel82 Sorry I don't want to hijack the thread but it's about custom routes. Did you consider giving the possibility to chose a custom route "on the fly" in v1.4 after the ground crew connects tug and everything ? I reported somewhere else but I don't find the thread anymore so I don't remember your answer.

As I said, it would be more realistic for those flying online as sometimes you can be given an unexpected push due to traffic etc.

Hey Kimp1lot,

Well, on v1.3, the default behaivor is that, if you are on a parking/gate that already have existing (previously saved) custom routes, you can call pushback, and select "computer generated", (or if you are already using "voice interface"), the default behaivor is that the module will only show youall "existing custom routes" (it will not show auto generated routes). On v1.4, you will be able to edit the pushback route even after calling the tug. Also on v1.4 you will be able to choose any existing custom route but before calling the tug, it's not limited as v1.3 that you can only create routes.

Don't worry about hijacking the thread hahahaa 🙂

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Yes you are correct actually, although what I would like to do is the following :

- Request the Pushback sequence
- User defined pushback route

*Ground connects*
Hello, parking brake set.

- After ground is connected, create the pushback route I want.
- Say that I'm ready for push.
Brakes released. Starting push.

Currently, we select the route before !

I will try to analyze to see if it's possible do mvoe that selection after tug connection.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Btw Manuel I don't know if you understood but I meant :

On 10/29/2019 at 4:07 PM, Kimp1lot said:

Yes you are correct actually, although what I would like to do is the following :

- Request the Pushback sequence
- User defined pushback route

*Ground connects*
Hello, parking brake set.

- After ground is connected, create the pushback route I want whenever I want to
- Say that I'm ready for push.
Brakes released. Starting push.

Currently, we select the route before !

"Whenever I want to" would be the missing part, because being forced to chose my route after TUG is connected with an unclosable window would not fix the issue 😄

Thanks for looking into it, no hurries - would be a really nice addition tho !

Alex.