Sign in to follow this  
RobbSpeed

[Resolved] Lights section deleted

Hello,

Sorry if this may have been asked before.  I'm currently running three AI packages. AIG-AIM, FLAI, and FTX Australia.  Where ever appropriate it seems AILRP correctly adds the '[FSREBORN_LIGHTS_CTRL]' section to the aircraft.cfg.

I'm putting together a sort of 4th package. Mainly for testing purposes but also to add a few airlines not covered by the other three packages.

With all four packages activated via add-on.xml,  I applied my AILRP settings.  I'm just using the default global fleet option.  In my test package, the aircraft.cfgs got modified at the time I applied the AILRP settings.  On further inspection, not only was the '[FSREBORN_LIGHTS_CTRL]' section not added, the original '[LIGHTS}' section was deleted. 

I'm currently running a long haul flight so I won't be able to investigate until later in the day.

Just wondered if there are any suggestions to where I went wrong.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Simmons

1 hour ago, RobbSpeed said:

Hello,

Sorry if this may have been asked before.  I'm currently running three AI packages. AIG-AIM, FLAI, and FTX Australia.  Where ever appropriate it seems AILRP correctly adds the '[FSREBORN_LIGHTS_CTRL]' section to the aircraft.cfg.

I'm putting together a sort of 4th package. Mainly for testing purposes but also to add a few airlines not covered by the other three packages.

With all four packages activated via add-on.xml,  I applied my AILRP settings.  I'm just using the default global fleet option.  In my test package, the aircraft.cfgs got modified at the time I applied the AILRP settings.  On further inspection, not only was the '[FSREBORN_LIGHTS_CTRL]' section not added, the original '[LIGHTS}' section was deleted. 

I'm currently running a long haul flight so I won't be able to investigate until later in the day.

Just wondered if there are any suggestions to where I went wrong.

Thanks,

Rob

This happened to all your AI packages or only the new one?

Or have you been moving the packages to different directories? It is recommended to restore your original AI lights via the config panel before doing such changes. 

Simbol 

The 3 main packages were not affected.  Just the new one.  The package is quite small with only 10 aircraft models in the simobjects folder.  It won't take much to fix each of the [LIGHTS] sections.

I will do that later on and try applying AILRP once more to see if it happens again.  But you'll probably be sleeping when I get a chance to do it so I'll update tomorrow :-)

Thanks again!

Edited by RobbSpeed

Rob Simmons

27 minutes ago, RobbSpeed said:

The 3 main packages were not affected.  Just the new one.  The package is quite small with only 10 aircraft models in the simobjects folder.  It won't take much to fix each of the [LIGHTS] sections.

I will do that later on and try applying AILRP once more to see if it happens again.  But you'll probably be sleeping when I get a chance to do it so I'll update tomorrow 🙂

Thanks again!

I will be around. If it happens again zip it and send it to me at support@fsreborn.com so I can have a look.

Regards 

Simbol 

Not sure what went wrong the first time. 

I was able to restore the original LIGHTS config for all the compatible AI in my test package.  After I re-applied the AILRP settings, this time it worked correctly.

Thanks again for your time and support!

Rob

• Like 1

Rob Simmons