Sign in to follow this  
joeyd40

Suggestions for my Rig

Hi Team,

I have a new IBUYPOWER system.  I switched to P3d.  Based on my specs below can anyone give me tweaks to help framerates and get rid of objects shimmering.

Processor:
Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor (8x 3.60GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard:
MSI Z390-A PRO -- Gb LAN, USB 3.1 (1 Type-C, 3 Rear, 4 Front), Enhanced Performance
Memory:
16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module - **Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory Free Upgrade to DDR4-3200 XPG D41 RGB Memory
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready) - Single Card

what are you setting for antialiasing?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

You should experiment with the settings and see what works out best for you. I don't know if there are any configuration tweaks to improve performance, but only ones that increase visuals by sacrificing performance. Everything else can be adjusted from in-game settings. I think there is also set up guide from AVSim and one from R&D Presets that you have to pay for.

With this setup, you should be able to run P3Dv4 very decently and even more so if you overclock the CPU. 

Evros,

Thank you.  Can you tell me how to overclock?  Or where I can find how to do it?

12 minutes ago, joeyd40 said:

Evros,

Thank you.  Can you tell me how to overclock?  Or where I can find how to do it?

Overclocking with all its components and terms can be rather taunting for the uninitiated, but fret not, it can also be, and usually is, very simple with today's platforms. Lots of times you can use automatic tuner for these things which are pretty much fire and forget. First thing, I would head over to MSI's own Z390 overclocking guide which is pretty much tailor made for the hardware you have in use so it should get you started very easily.

Regarding object simmering, I think @Rob_Ainscough had some material around it where he describes it as camera issue of some sort and also offers remedies. Can't be sure, though.

Edited by Evros
  • Like 1