Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

Best GA Airfield

Hi all,I'm thinking about starting a Virtual GA Flying Club, but I'm stuck on the location. Has anybody got any ideas for the most interesting, tricky, rewarding, best looking or fun GA area and airfield? Ideally, I want to use default FS2004 scenery (certainly to begin with).I'm open to all suggestions....CheersDave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Something with mountains and water nearby, and preferably other fields in the vicinity so you've somewhere to fly to and from.Just don't pick Washington state, we of EFFC reign suppreme there :)Swiss or Austrian Alps maybe, nice scenery there. Zeltweg is a good location, military base with a civilian section.Or the Norwegian fjord country. But then you have to cope with the lack of daylight during winter.

You have that right,I have flown in and out of every a/p on the south Island ( in the sim). even out to Stewart Island. Landed on the beach. Cheers.

Just a couple ideas. These airports are nice looking even with the default scenery. The approaches are not that difficult though. KBKL - Cleveland Burke Lakefront http://www.airnav.com/airport/KBKLnice airport in Cleveland, OH right on Lake ErieCYTZ - Toronto City Centrea similar airport in Toronto, with a nice view of downtown TorontoKHXD - Hilton Head AirportHilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA http://www.airnav.com/airport/KHXDTNCM - St Maarten Not really tricky for GA aircraft, but always niceIt really depends on what kind of weather you want to fly in. You want nice VFR conditions much of the year, then go with somewhere in the Caribbean, or the Southwest US.