Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

PC Build based on i9-9900 Recommendations

Hello Captains, 

I am planning to get a new rig soon this week, however before making my final purchase, I'd like to get your feedback on it. Here is the list of the specs:

CPU: i9-9900KS

Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming

RAM: Corsair DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Quad-Kit

GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER ROG STRIX OC

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB

HDD: WD WD40EZRZ 4 TB

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black

PSU: be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 CM 850W

The final cost would be around 2200 Euros

What do you guys think?

P/S: I am planning to OC my CPU to 5 MHz.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

OP is building this for P3D.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Nice rig

personally ide go for the gigabyte aorus master board  that’s what I have also, if your planning yo OC 

and swap out the cpu cooler for a water cooler.

i have the h110 Corsair which runs my cpu quite cool

but there are new models  now.

42 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Nice rig

personally ide go for the gigabyte aorus master board  that’s what I have also, if your planning yo OC 

and swap out the cpu cooler for a water cooler.

i have the h110 Corsair which runs my cpu quite cool

but there are new models  now.

Well I have seen couple of reviews, I am bit hesitant for gigabytes as I heard about their bios interface. I've used both MSI and Asus in the past and I was pretty satisfied unless something has changed?

Is it really proven that Noctua NH-D15 won't cool down my PC enough? From what I tested and saw, is very decent cooler, the only thing I don't like about it just the size. 

30 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Is it really proven that Noctua NH-D15 won't cool down my PC enough? From what I tested and saw, is very decent cooler, the only thing I don't like about it just the size. 

I have a portable PC built in a LAN-party box running a 9900K clocked to 5.0GHz on all 8 cores (no HT) and an NH-D15.  In a 68 deg F (20 deg C) room, it will keep the 9900K under 80 deg C with P3D workloads, but it will hit 100 deg and start thermal throttling when running a stress test like Prime95.  The overclocked 9900K (with hyperthreading disabled) is right on the ragged edge of the NH-D15's capacity.  I'm going to take it to Florida and Texas next time I visit the grandkids, and I think I'll probably have to dial back my overclock a bit when running it in a warmer room.

I also have an H110 240mm AIO loop on my daily use computer (i7-7700K) and I don't think it's any better than the NH-D15.  If you go with a water loop, either build a custom loop or use a triple-radiator AIO if you want a step up from the Noctua.  You'll need a full-size tower case to do that, though.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

14 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I have a portable PC built in a LAN-party box running a 9900K clocked to 5.0GHz on all 8 cores (no HT) and an NH-D15.  In a 68 deg F (20 deg C) room, it will keep the 9900K under 80 deg C with P3D workloads, but it will hit 100 deg and start thermal throttling when running a stress test like Prime95.  The overclocked 9900K (with hyperthreading disabled) is right on the ragged edge of the NH-D15's capacity.  I'm going to take it to Florida and Texas next time I visit the grandkids, and I think I'll probably have to dial back my overclock a bit when running it in a warmer room.

I also have an H110 240mm AIO loop on my daily use computer (i7-7700K) and I don't think it's any better than the NH-D15.  If you go with a water loop, either build a custom loop or use a triple-radiator AIO if you want a step up from the Noctua.  You'll need a full-size tower case to do that, though.

Regards

Thank for the reply. As I thought as well. I will just go with the NH-D15, however I will try to make sure my case has enough airflow 

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Well I have seen couple of reviews, I am bit hesitant for gigabytes as I heard about their bios interface. I've used both MSI and Asus in the past and I was pretty satisfied unless something has changed?

It’s a myth their bios aint too bad.

if you  are capable of  building a pc. Then you shoul me be able to figure out the interface.

ya the NH-D15 is a great cooler

but takes up too much room in your case.