Sign in to follow this  
robschofield

[Answered] FSReborn Landing Light Logic

I am trying to work out how the product actually works. I have inserted shockwave light configs for landing and taxi lights into all by FAIB and FSPX planes as the standard fx_landing.fx effect in P3Dv4 which is applied onto the effects built into the model does not project any light, nor is it visible at any distance. I am getting some unusual behaviour on landing and taxi lights using FSRAIL and wondered whether the app is processing both the shockwave light configs in finds in the aircraft.cfg [LIGHTS] section as well as the lights built into the model itself. Will the shockwave lights in the aircraft.cfg still show in the sim, or are they just replaced by one of the FSRAIL landing lights?

Many thanks.

Rob Schofield

4 hours ago, robschofield said:

I am trying to work out how the product actually works. I have inserted shockwave light configs for landing and taxi lights into all by FAIB and FSPX planes as the standard fx_landing.fx effect in P3Dv4 which is applied onto the effects built into the model does not project any light, nor is it visible at any distance. I am getting some unusual behaviour on landing and taxi lights using FSRAIL and wondered whether the app is processing both the shockwave light configs in finds in the aircraft.cfg [LIGHTS] section as well as the lights built into the model itself. Will the shockwave lights in the aircraft.cfg still show in the sim, or are they just replaced by one of the FSRAIL landing lights?

Many thanks.

Rob Schofield

As per P3D SDK guidelines landing and taxi lights should be inserted via 3DS (inside the .MDL).

This allows your landing lights to follow attached points. Very important as some landing lights are retractable or are part of the landing gear, so when these parts move the simulator is able to make the effects particles to follow the model animation.

Currently AIRLP ignore any landing lights via config files as these are being deprecated by P3D for backwards compatibility reasons for old models.

When you add any effects as landing type, it just gets backed up and then ignored. When you restore your original AI lights, they be restored and will show up there.

All the above is by design, one of the main reasons is because there will be an update to AILRP which will use new technology available with HF2 which I requested to Lockheed Martin (I am experimenting at the moment) which hopefully will make landing lights much better (something like you have never seen before) .

Regards,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

Thanks Simbol.

Figured out that it ignores landing lights in the aircraft.cfg file.

I cannot get the FAIB planes (whose nose gear light is attached to the animated part in the model file) to display the nose light while the aircraft is taxiing or landing. The under fuselage and wing lights work as they should.

Any ideas on how to fix this one?

Regards

Rob

It depends if that FAIB model has lights installed there or not.

FAIB models always install these via the. MDL as P3D instructs. But maybe that particular model doesn't have one on the front wheel.

Everything is handled automatically by P3D when they are attached via the. MDL correctly. I don't think it will be anything for you to do. Just ask FAIB developer if that model has it.

Regards,

S.