Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA Flyer

Questions about FSX

Guest GA Flyer

Does the radios in FSX allow for the user to have seperate volume controls for the two different radios? As such in real life where the pilot can have a both radios on but with one louder than the other instead of at the same volume.Does the transponder knob work for the default radio stack where you can turn it on, stndby, off?Also do we have marshallers in FSX now?Any GA users see any difference in features like new unicom options? Example would be able to order fuel via the atc window on the local unicom freq or able to open and close flight plans and such?Any feedback would be great.

Guest GA Flyer

Where did all the beta and demo users go???

In order:NoNoNoNo

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest GA Flyer

Thanks Bill for a reply. Well at least we have animated animals during missions?! I'm more excited about the release of Flightscenery Portland than FSX.

While I would like the things you mentioned above-in terms of "serious" improvements there are lots. In addition to adding a g1000 (not fully functional), and an stec like autopilot,and lots of other goodies and more variety of realistic looking/acting instruments in the aircraft. One that I haven't seen mentioned that is a huge improvement is in the instrument response-much more smooth in both vc, and 2d-a huge improvement that has been sorely needed for serious instrument work imho. So, though the animals seem to be a popular mantra of implying this version is simply more gamelike-that is just not the case.The missions that are not about animals/fun will have you drenched in sweat-I haven't seen anything as close to real life problems/emergencies yet. :-jumpyBy the way-to dispel another popular mantra-there are some improvements in atc too....http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest NormanB

>In order:>>No>No>No>NoBill,Can you check the order there please, I think you may be mistaken :)

Guest GA Flyer

Thanks Geofa. I've noticed that when MS talks about features of a new release many details like what you've mentioned go unspoken about. Only for the user to discovers them.What I don't get (yet) is if the missions where things can go bad like engine problems and what not can be modelled, then why (or does it since no one has talked about it) didnt FSX create the planes to offer more realism of items getting worn or becoming INOP during free flight? I use FSFailure to help provide the chance of an in air problem but the fact that it doesnt matter if its cold or hot the engine will start right up everytime and certain gauges never need to be observed for problems (like oil pressure).If FSX creates new users and brings more simmers together then I would label FSX as a high success. However, in the forums you dont get that feeling that their biggest new features (like Multi-player and ATC tower feature) are what the community was really looking for in the next version.Add to the fact that the timing with Vista and DX10 well...Plus with 3 years between releases thats just another year of addons that make it that hard to upgrade. Especially when you consider that most addons come close to what FSX.Just my thoughts.

>Thanks Geofa. I've noticed that when MS talks about features>of a new release many details like what you've mentioned go>unspoken about. Only for the user to discovers them.>And the 1m textures...big step forward>However, in the forums>you dont get that feeling that their biggest new features>(like Multi-player and ATC tower feature) are what the>community was really looking for in the next version.>Well keep in mind that AVSIM forum members are maybe 1% of this "FS Community" you speak of. The CASUAL FS user, which is 75% of the FS community, will really be drawn to FSX because of the multiplayer and tower thing...as well as the animals, etc.>>Plus with 3 years between releases thats just another year of>addons that make it that hard to upgrade. Especially when you>consider that most addons come close to what FSX.>Prediction: In 6-8 months the existing addons will be fully ported over/improved to FSX and FSX will then surpass FS9 in every aspect.>Just my thoughts.>>Mine too. ahahaahaRhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB