Sign in to follow this  
delta november

REP installation manually????

Timest, nice job on this wonderful utility!I'm trying to install it, and have succeeded; butwhen I run the executable I get the applicationwindow and can make selections. But when I try toclick on the backup textures button or the install texturesbutton; nothing happens they don't click or anything. I canteven exit out of the program apart from using task manager.But I can make selections all day.Can you briefly tell me (or anyone who knows how)where and what tocopy from the REP directory to the fs9/world/textures etc?I really want to enjoy this great work; and I'm techie enough to put everything where it goes manually.Thanks alot in advanceRunning XP SP2....I thought this was a dot.net related problem...but I'm running the latest.

Tony; Not trying to be smart here, but I believe someone asked the samequestion just a day or so in one of the previous threads on REP, andrecieved instructions on how to do it. I doubt the search function will do it but if you'll look thru those previous threads...its in there somewhere.

I did do a search, and read all the REP related threads; but there was not anything pertaining to what I asked in this post.Thanks for your reply, because it got me to thinking...and I figured out what and where to copy everything manually.I must say that Timest has really outdone himself with this freeware product. Especially the reflections and environment maps and sun effects. I spent most of my time looking at the reflections of the sky/clouds and ground on the metalic prop spinner in the Milton Shupe AC520 with the Pegasus skin.I will say to the shagrin of others, that I'd pay for this product if it wasn't free. :-)Well done!

Tony:just read this thread, and I am glad you figured it out :) It's pretty simple, as you now know. Thanks for such kind words :) VERY appreciated.Take careTim :D

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Tim, I'm giving honor where honor is due; and you have some really outstanding work here with REP. :)I normally only include payware in my sig, but made this exception because I believe it ranks right up there with the rest of payware.

How are the sky and dawn /dusk / sun / textures compared to Blue Sky V2.0??